Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Text Block: Birthday Die - Day 4

Good morning, stampy friends! Welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Release countdown. I'm so glad to hear that you've been enjoying my projects this week! The Text Block: Birthday die truly makes this whole "quick and easy" thing totally come together. I've really been enjoying making samples for all of you and I can't wait until you folks start using it for yourselves. I have another project to share with you, so let's get to it!

I wanted to play with watercolor today. I've never really experimented with watercolor, but I'm so glad I decided to jump on the bandwagon! It's super fun (never mind the fact that my hand looks a little like a slasher film prop).


I began by using Berry Sorbet reinker to color wash a scrap of letterpress stock. You could absolutely use watercolor paper, but I didn't have any on hand. I have plenty of scraps of letterpress stock laying around though, so I figured it was worth a shot. I set the watercolored panel aside to dry, but eventually got impatient and started drying it with my heat gun (keeping it real here, folks). Once it was fully dried, I ran it through my Xyron and die cut it with the Text Block: Birthday die. Next, I created a card base from Clearly Creative Cardstock and adhered my block in the center.


Then, I went about creating the inside portion of the card. I stamped the floral sprays from Mini Blooms in Simply Chartreuse ink onto a white card base. Next, I die cut the flower shapes from white stock and stamped them with a trio of Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, and Berry Sorbet inks. I adhered the flowers overtop their green counterparts, leaving everything flat. Then, I adhered the white base inside the clear base with a strip of Scor Tape (the adhesive is on the back, right up near the fold). I finished the card with a white crochet thread bow. The card itself is nice and simple, but it's colorful enough not to be boring. I also love how the sentiment seems to float over the floral sprays.

Hopefully you've enjoyed today's card! I'll have even more to share with you tomorrow, but in the meantime, Nichole, Ashley, Betsy, Cristina, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Laura, Melissa Phillips, and Melissa Bickford all have projects to share with you! Have a wonderful day and I'll see you tomorrow morning!

Recipe:
Stamps: Mini Blooms - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Clearly Creative Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; Letterpress Stock - Crane; white
Ink: Berry Sorbet (pad and reinker), Lemon Tart, Sweet Blush, Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Birthday Die (available February 15th), Mini Blooms Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Xyron; Glue Pen; White Crochet Thread

9 comments:

June K said...

Beautiful card, Lizzie.

Cindy O said...

Spectacular! Wow. Thanks for another great technique to use with this die.

TLady said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!LOOOOVE the ombre technique you've used too!!!!!:)

Susan said...

Love the ombre of your diecut! It really makes it pop! Beautiful card - Mini Blooms is a staple on my desk.

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a pretty card!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVELY ombre on the BIRTHDAY panel!

Mclay said...

Wow! Awesome!

Grace said...

Amazing. Love it

Kathy Mc said...

Reminds me of those floating frames! It definitely looks like your sentiment is floating. Your ombre frame really adds to your card. Awesome, Lizzie!