Monday, February 10, 2014

Text Block: Birthday Die - Day 2

Good morning, friends! Welcome back for Day 2 of Papertrey Ink's 7th Anniversary Release countdown. For starters, thank you so much for your enthusiasm for the Text Block: Birthday die! One of my favorite parts of the countdowns is seeing how the new goodies are received. You've all blown me out of the water with your response this month! I can't even begin to tell you how thrilled I am to hear that you're all so excited about this new die. It makes me so happy when something I've designed gets people excited! How about we get on to another project?

Yesterday, Laura shared her beautiful shaker card. I have another, slightly different, shaker to share with you today. One of the great things about this die is that it makes this type of element a breeze! The borders are just wide enough to hide strips of foam tape and there is enough space between the words that you can really see what's going on in there.


I began by backing a piece of Berry Sorbet Striped Patterned Paper with a piece of white cardstock that I had xyroned on both sides (I left the protective backing on one side for this step). I die cut that whole piece using the new die. I peeled off the remaining protective backing and adhered it to a piece of Clearly Creative Cardstock. I fashioned the word frame with a foam tape border before setting it aside. Next, I used the By The Numbers Impression Plate to texture the front of a white card base. Then, I sprinkled a handful of random sequins and some glitter onto the card base, making sure to flatten them a bit, and then mounted my word frame with the pre-attached foam tape.


Next, I die cut a balloon from Birthday Style and stamped it with the coordinating image. I then heat embossed the balloon with clear powder to get a realistic, shiny finish. I colored a piece of white crochet thread with a T1 Copic and attached it to the balloon before mounting the whole thing to the card front with foam tape. I played with the string a bit and anchored it to my card front in just a couple of places. Leaving it largely unattached helps keep it from appearing too stiff. I finished it off with a tiny crochet thread bow on the balloon. A fun, playful card perfect for celebrants of all ages!

Thank you for joining me today! I hope you've enjoyed today's card. The first two days' posts have been a little girly, so tomorrow I'm planning something a little more masculine. Make sure to check back! In the meantime, Nichole, Betsy, Cristina, Dawn, Erin, Heather, and Melissa all have projects to share with you today. Have a fun time hopping around and I'll see you tomorrow!

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Style - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet Stripe Pattered Paper, Clearly Creative Cardstock - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Birthday Die (available February 15th), By The Numbers Impression Plate, Birthday Style Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; T1 Marker - Copic; White Crochet Thread; Coarse Crystal Glitter, Hexagonal Glitter in Turquoise and Olivine - Martha Stewart Crafts; Aqua & Lime Sequins; Foam Tape - Scotch; Clear Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree

14 comments:

LEG Studios said...

Loving the design of your card, Lizzie! This die is on my must-have list.

Pam Young said...

I have to have this one too! Ther is always a too, when it comes to Papertrey Ink's products!!

Diana K said...

Hey Lizzie, the design of this die is smashing! Home run!

Morag said...

More inspiration for that 'got to have it die'!!

Lindsey & Kurtis said...

Lizzie, this is awesome! I'm loving every project I've seen using your new die.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Lizzie, I love this die! Must have!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love your idea of using this die to make a shaker card.

TLady said...

LOVE THAT DIE!!!!!!!!!! ;) SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!:)

Nora Noll said...

this is so fun!! I love the shaker!!

Helen F. said...

What a FABULOUS design of this die! Love your shaker card, Lizzie :-)

Kathy Mc said...

Very cute card, Lizzie! Think you hit a home run with this text box die!

Kim G said...

Awesome die, on my list to have!

Grace said...

Awesome die. Love the card. This die looks like much fun.

Unknown said...

Love sequins, confetti, glitter!