Saturday, February 1, 2014

February Color Play

Good morning and welcome to February's Papertrey Ink Color Play feature! This month I'm drawing my inspiration from a photo on the Sweet Style Blog of these incredible sprinkle-embellished milk bottles.


I was absolutely smitten with this photo from the moment I saw it. Just look at those playful, bubble gum colors! And the sprinkles, oooh, the sprinkles! How could I resist? I just knew that this color combo would lend itself to an adorable card, perfectly befitting Valentine’s Day.


I began by die cutting my speech bubble and stamping it with the coordinating image using Sweet Blush ink. I followed up with an Aqua Mist ampersand and the "always" and "forever" in Raspberry Fizz ink. I then stamped the sentiments on my card base, again in Raspberry Fizz. Leaving them on the block allowed me to ensure that the words would match up perfectly when I went to adhere my speech bubble onto the base.


In addition to the color scheme, I found the sprinkles in the photo particularly inspiring. To replicate the look I stamped a variety of dots (from several different sets, listed below) in a circle surrounding my sentiments using all of the colors in the palette.


I also added a handful of tiny hearts that I coated in fine tourmaline glitter for a little extra Valentiney sparkle. I finished by mounting my speech bubble to my card base with foam tape.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with Betsy, Cristina, Dawn, Heather, and Melissa as they share their Revisited projects this morning. I hope you've enjoyed my post and are planning to play along with the challenge this month. If you do, I hope you'll stop by our Challenge Forum and share a photo or link to your project. Take care and I'll see you again soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Bubble Talk, Grand Ampersand, Birthday Style (dot cluster), It's A Celebration (open dot cluster), Holiday Cheer (dots), Foodie Fun (tiny dot), Pedal Pusher (tiny heart) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Sweet Blush, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Bubble Talk Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Fine Tourmaline Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

12 comments:

Suzanne Russell said...

Love it! The confetti style dots clearly say "Celebrate"-especially in this happy color combo.

Joan B said...

Ok, this is amazing. I cannot believe you stamped all those tiny circles so perfectly.

maria f. said...

This card just makes me happy ;)))

Susie W. said...

Love the dots! This is such a fun and sweet card. It's one of those cards that made me say to myself...why didn't I think of that?!

Love it!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love this card! The colors are gorgeous!

Kathy Mc said...

Such a sweet card, Lizzie! Wondered how you did a circle stamp using so many colors of ink and then read you stamped them individually. WOW!

Gina said...

I really like this color combo! And I love the confetti dots. Wonderful!!

Sherrie M. said...

Love your circle Lizzy! Here's a link to my card with these fabulous colors.

http://littlebitofeverythingme.blogspot.com/2014/02/happy-cards.html

Randi said...

So refreshing given the way the weather has been...

Anonymous said...

Love the way you did the "sprinkles" behind your sentiment!! :-) Such a cute & happy card!

Shona Chambers said...

I was just looking thru your blog and came across this card and just had to say how gorgeous it is!! The colours are beautiful and so pretty. Its perfect!!

Diana K said...

Don't know how I missed this on newsletter day, but I did. It's gorgeous with its perfect stamping, so fresh and clean and inspiring! Love it.