Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Text Block: Birthday - Day 3

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to Day 3 of Papertrey Ink's 7th Anniversary release countdown! I have another project to share with you featuring the new Text Block: Birthday Die and, as promised, it's a more traditionally masculine design. Shall we get to it?


I began by die cutting my framed sentiment from self-adhesive cork. This stuff cuts beautifully and it gives your projects a wonderful, earthy texture. The backing also helps stabilize the shape while you're removing the negative parts. Next, I trimmed a piece of Rustic White cardstock to 4 1/4" x 3" and masked off the outer edge, leaving a window in the center. In that space, I stamped two of the leaves from Dawn's new Leave It Be set using Spring Moss and Ripe Avocado inks. By the way, I'm absolutely smitten with this set, folks. It has so many options and the second step images add fantastic detail.


I removed the mask from the outer edge of the Rustic White panel and adhered my cork die cut overtop the leaves. Next, I used the Woodgrain Impression Plate to texture a Ripe Avocado card front and adhered that to a Rustic White card base. I wrapped the base with Rustic Jute Twine and mounted my cork/leaf panel with foam tape. It's nice and simple, but with loads of natural texture.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll have more to share with you tomorrow, so be sure to check back. In the meantime, Nichole, Danielle, Dawn, Erin, Heather, Melissa Phillips, and Melissa Bickford all have more to share with you today. See you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Leave It Be (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Rustic White, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Birthday Die (available February 15th), Woodgrain Impression Plate, Cork Sheets, Rustic Jute Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your diecut cork panel, placed over the stamped leaves! The embossed woodgrain card front is perfect!! This is such a neat die and I can't wait to order it! Sue (suen)

Cindy O said...

Very, very nice masculine card! Love the Text Block cut from cork. The layered leaves work so well with it! Thanks for all the samples you've created for us with this die.

merryf said...

Oh wow, I love it in cork! This is a fabulous card and one I am going to case for sure.

Jan Larson said...

What a lovely card. I can't wait to get my hands on this die!

Morag said...

oooohhh... that cork looks great! this die is definitely on my must have list!!

Tonya Jastad said...

That cork is perfect on this card! Great job!

Lisa Petrella said...

Awesome masculine card! Love that die-cut cork panel and the embossing!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love the masculine card! Beautiful.

Patt H. said...

I love the cork on this card & that die is awesome! Your card is wonderful!

TLady said...

I LIIIIIIIIIKE the CORK with this!!!!!!!!!!!:) VERY NICE!!!!!!!:)

Kelli B. said...

I like the color of the background card!!!

Gabby said...

Like the cork block over the leaf bkgrd. Nice emb woodgrain, too. Nice card. :)

Kathy Mc said...

Great texture, Lizzie! The cork and woodgrain go together like bread and butter ~ just ideal. Dawn's new leaves set does look very versatile, especially with the two-step stamping to include veins.

Kari D said...

JUST.LOVE.THIS.CARD. Love the way the leaves look in the background. Love the cork. Love the wood grain. OH MY GOODNESSES. there is not anything I don't just LOVE about this card. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Unknown said...

Really like this for any of the guys in the family:-)