Sunday, February 9, 2014

Introducing The Text Block Birthday Die

Well, hello there, Papertrey Ink friends! Fancy seeing you here. I bet you thought you weren't going to be seeing anything from me this month because there were no stamp peeks to be found, eh? Not so fast! I'm sneaking in this 7th Anniversary month with a brand new die that I am very excited to share! This die is similar to the Cover Plate series or the Framed Words series. It features framed typography that you can use to make very quick and easy cards that pack a lot of punch. Ready to see some samples?

I've made two cards to share with you today. I used a glitter treatment for both cards and just changed up a few of the components to give them a little variety. These seriously came together in mere minutes and they were a lot of fun to do (who doesn't love playing with glitter once in a while - though I may have looked like a fairy after making several of these).


I started by die cutting my Text Block shapes out of white cardstock. Then I adhered them to the sticky side of a piece of cardstock that I had xyroned. Next, I sprinkled on stripes of colored glitter and used a stiff-bristle paintbrush to blend the glitters together.


I've seen videos in which this is done with one's fingers, but I like that the paintbrush doesn't flatten the glitter too much. This way it retains a bit of subtle texture. I finish by using a brayer over the whole thing to make sure the glitter is as secure as possible.


I stamped my each card front with a background in watermark ink and adhered them to white card bases. Then I tied bows around the cards with sheer white ribbon and mounted my sentiment panel in place with foam tape. Super easy, but look how pretty! And they're so sparkly!

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you've enjoyed today's cards. I have SO many more fun things to show you using this die, so come back and join me again tomorrow. In the meantime, Nichole, Dawn, Erin, Heather, and Laura have inspiration to share with you. Make sure to visit them. You never know what sort of wonderful surprises will be revealed this week! See you soon!

Recipes:
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Background Basics: Chevron Stripes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Tropical Teal, Winter Wisteria - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Birthday Die (available February 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Assortment of Fine Glitters (Tropical Teal - Verdalite, Aquamarine Crystal, Feldspar, Turquoise, Lapis Lazuli; Winter Wisteria - Chariote, Purple Sapphire, Kunzite, Tourmaline) - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Xyron; Sheer white ribbon

24 comments:

Connie G said...

This is awesome!! I love the die - can't wait to use it and try it with your glitter technique. It is just fabulous!!!

BA Vella said...

Love this die! What a great concept! The glitter behind makes a festive card.

June K said...

Lizzie, love this die. You can make it simple (like when you need an "emergency" birthday card in 10 minutes because DH forgot to ask earlier) or use so many different techniques to fancy it up. Definitely a "must have" in my die stash.

Tracy said...

Your new die is a little bit amazing :-) Love the glitter and am looking forward to seeing more!

katrynka said...

Love the die! Such a fabulous idea, and the glitter is great too!

Luanne said...

I'm so excited about this series of dies Lizzie! They are awesome! Love the glitterery look too... Can't wait to see more.

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome design on the die Lizzie!!

Cindy O said...

Wow, beautiful cards! Love the new die and look forward to this series!

jintyoo7 said...

Amazing die, and love the idea of the "glittering ombre" effect - can't wait to try it!

Fantastic cards :)

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards, Lizzie! I particularly liked the tropical teal card (I'm partial to blues & greens:)). Your new die is very cool!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cards you posted and the ombre glitter is gorgeous! This die is really amazing and a must have for me! I can't wait to see the rest of the series! Thank you for your creativity! Sue (suen)

TLady said...

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think these dies are going to be a HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Elizabeth S. said...

I absolutely love this die! Beautiful cards.

Anonymous said...

love your new die cut. it will make getting a beautiful birthday card done in a snap. I can't wait to try it with glitter. I wouldn't mind looking like a fairy! :-)

see mary stamp said...

Hi Lizzie,

Just wanted to let you know how much I am looking forward to these Text Block dies. I love the look of these. Your cards are beautiful.

Morag said...

Lizzie I just love the die and cannot wait to purchase it and try out all the great ideas that you, Laura and Nicole featured today. I also love the size you made it so it will work with pocket pages too!!

kacee said...

I love this die, but I don't do birthday's...please make one for a Happy Anniversary

Birgit said...

These are awesome!! Thanks for sharing the details on how you made them. I'm so going to try this! You did a fabulous job designing this die as well! Awesome!!

Patt H. said...

I love, love, love this die! Thanks for showing us how you did the glitter on your cards. They are both awesome!

Jill Norwood said...

These are both stunning! Your die design is GORGEOUS! I cannot wait to get it!! :)

jay c jay said...

Love the new die!!!!

Sue A said...

Beautiful cards! The glitter is just stunning.

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, I love your Text Box die as well as your glitter technique . Can't wait to try them together myself. Your cards are gorgeous. WTG, Lizzie!

Jeanne H said...

I want that birthday text block die so much!!! Great cards - thanks for sharing the glitter ones 'specially.