Thursday, December 27, 2018

Throwback Thursday - Shape Up: Snowman Accessories

Good morning and welcome to this week's Papertrey Ink Throwback Thursday feature! This week, Betsy, Michelle, and I are sharing projects using the Shape Up: Snowman die and the coordinating Shape Up: Snowman Accessories stamp set. I love that the snowman die can be used for both holiday and more universal winter projects alike. In fact, it's the perfect collection for creating a special birthday card for a sweet little girl I know!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ShapeUpSnowman_WinterBirthdayCard4

I started by cutting the full snowman body from white cardstock. I sponged a tiny bit of Aqua Mist ink along the outer edges. I stamped the face and buttons and used a pink colored pencil to add subtle rosy cheeks to my snowman. Next, I die cut the arms from wood veneer and the mittens and hat from white cardstock. I stamped the mittens and hat using Winter Wisteria and Lilac Grace inks. The little girl I made this card for is three and WAY into purple, so these colors felt light and feminine, but still in her favorite color palette.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ShapeUpSnowman_WinterBirthdayCard2

Next, I xyroned a piece of white cardstock and die cut the In The Meadow snow drifts, sticky side up. I textured one of the snow drifts with the Woodgrain Impression Plate and then coated them both with glitter. I adhered the snow drifts to the bottom of the snowman to create a little base that would stabilize the card when it was standing open. To create the tented element, I folded a piece of cardstock and die cut through both sides, keeping the fold intact. I adhered the folded snowman to the back of the decorative snowman to make it stand up.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ShapeUpSnowman_WinterBirthdayCard3

Then, I die cut the "celebrate" word using the Bold Borders: Wave die from Lilac Grace cardstock and stacked them before adhering them to the snowman. I also heat embossed the greeting from Sentiment Staples: Warmest Wishes onto a Winter Wisteria Skinny Mini Banner die cut and adhered both to the snowman body. As a finishing touch, I embellished the snowman face and buttons with black glitter. It gives them sparkle and who doesn't love sparkle on their birthday? I also embellished the pom pom on top of the snowman's hat with Fun Flock for a bit of realistic texture. It's so cute and I hope the special birthday girl loves it!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_ThrowbackThursday_ShapeUpSnowman_WinterBirthdayCard

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Your Winter Birthday Card

No comments: