Friday, December 14, 2018

Introducing Bear Hugs, Shape Shifter: Oval 4, and You Make My Heart Soar

Good morning and welcome back to Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown! The team is introducing a handful of products from Betsy Veldman today that will be perfect for Valentine's Day and beyond! Bear Hugs is a super sweet set with imagery and greetings for birthday, baby, and more. Shape Shifters: Oval 4 has a heart mat with an arrow border and modern chevron window. And You Make My Heart Soar includes heart-shaped balloons that would be suited to birthdays or other celebrations. You're sure to love it all!

First up, I have a card pairing Bear Hugs with the Shape Shifters: Oval 4 die.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_BearHugs_ShapeShiftersOval4_ILoveYouCard

I began by using the window die from the Shape Shifters: Oval 4 to cut a stencil into a piece of vellum. I used that stencil to sponge a pattern onto a Pure Poppy card base. I set that aside while I created my focal panel.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_BearHugs_ShapeShiftersOval4_ILoveYouCard3

I stenciled a burst of "love" onto a white panel using the heart stencil from the Sunshine & Rainbows Make It Market Mini Kit. Then, I stamped the grounding oval from In The Shadows and sentiment from Sentiments Staples: I Love You. I stitched the top and bottom edges of the panel and adhered it to the card base with foam tape.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_BearHugs_ShapeShiftersOval4_ILoveYouCard2

Then, I stamped and colored my bear. I really like to color, but I feel like I rarely have time to really dig in to an image with pencils or markers. I wanted to color this bear though, so I took a little bit of a shortcut by stamping him onto Kraft cardstock. Then, I used Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits to add just a hint of color and shading. I added flocking to his belly and Glossy Accents to his nose to give him a bit more interest (since I had kept the coloring so simple). Then, I stamped and die cut a little heart to tuck into his arms. I left it loose to make it a bit more interactive. This little bear is so darn cute!

Next up, I have a card made with Betsy's You Make My Heart Soar stamp set.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_YouMakeMyHeartSoar_HeartSoarCard

I began by die cutting the clouds from Linen Vellum and adhering them to the back of a Pierced Feature Frame (this is the large). Then, I heat embossed the sentiment from the set onto Bitty Big: Aqua Mist patterned paper and stamped the balloon strings before adhering that to the frame as well. I mounted that framed panel to a white card base using foam tape.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_YouMakeMyHeartSoar_HeartSoarCard2

Next came the balloons. I stamped the balloon bouquet in Berry Sorbet sponged with Pure Poppy and then added additional balloons over top to add a bit more color and dimension. I have a Pale Peony and Berry Sorbet balloon, a Mint Julep and Vintage Jadeite balloon, and a Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal balloon.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_YouMakeMyHeartSoar_HeartSoarCard3

I used a mix of flat and foam adhesives to assemble the balloon bouquet and then adhered it to the front of the card with foam tape. I added the baker's twine bow as a fun bit of texture and softness. I'm loving the lighter, taffy-colored tone of these balloons. Oooh! They'd be great for a baby. That just occurred to me. I love a set that has so many uses!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I'll be back a bit later with a Festive Friday post, but in the meantime Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kelly, Kimberly, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, and Michelle have more to share. See you again soon!

Supplies:
I Love You Card


Heart Soar Card

1 comment:

Cindy Beach said...

Such lovely cards, Lizzie! I love coming by to see what you've made and to read the details. Thanks for showcasing the new products beautifully!