Thursday, December 13, 2018

Introducing XO Skinny Mini, Corner Adorner, Bold Borders, and Glorious Globes

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink December countdown! I'm back today with a couple of projects showcasing a handful of fun new products coming your way on December 15th. We have Rebecca's XO Skinny Mini stamps and tag dies and my Corner Adorner: December, Bold Borders: Love, and Glorious Globes: December sets to share today. Let's take a closer look!

On today's first project, I have a set of four Valentine treat boxes embellished with Rebecca's sweet tags.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_XOSkinnyMini_CornerAdorner_ValentineTreatBoxes

I began by die cutting a set of tags from Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I stamped each tag with an image (or partial image) from the Corner Adorner set in Lilac Grace ink. Then, I added XO Skinny Mini sentiments in Royal Velvet.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_XOSkinnyMini_CornerAdorner_ValentineTreatBoxes2

Next, I xyroned a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock and die cut the hearts using the From The Heart die. I punched holes for threading baker's twine before applying glitter to the face of the hearts.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_XOSkinnyMini_CornerAdorner_ValentineTreatBoxes3

I die cut the Petal Boxes from Bitty Big: Amethyst Allure paper and assembled them with Scor-tape for a nice, strong hold. Then, I stacked a glittered heart and a tag for each box and tied them to the handles with baker's twine. This would be a quick project to do with older kids who want to give thier friends a treat. Maybe fill the boxes with lip balm or a friendship bracelet or a few truffles. Fun!

Next up, I have a card made with Bold Borders: Love and Glorious Globes: December.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_GloriousGlobes_BoldBorders_YouMeanTheWorldCard

I began by preparing my card front. I covered a white card base with Pure Poppy cardstock and applied a Bold Borders: Love die cut from the same color cardstock. Then, I glittered a few of the leftover hearts and used them to fill in a handful of the spaces in the border. I really love the texture and spots of sparkle these hearts add!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_GloriousGlobes_BoldBorders_YouMeanTheWorldCard2

Then, I die cut a center panel using the Nesting Basics: Rectangles and added the pierced detail using the Nesting Basics: Pierced Rectangles die. I stamped a ground using the In The Shadows set in Aqua Mist and set it aside. Next, I die cut and stamped my globe. I found it easiest to line up the overlapping hearts by using the die cut shape as a guide. I lay the globe on the center panel and stamped the sentiment before attaching the globe with foam tape and embellishing the red hearts with glitter.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_December2018_GloriousGlobes_BoldBorders_YouMeanTheWorldCard3

I adhered that panel to the front of the card with foam tape and set it aside. Then, I xyroned a piece of white cardstock. I sponged part of that strip with Aqua Mist ink and then die cut three of the "Love" words, keeping the ombré one on top. I attached that greeting to the front of the card at a slight angle to give the card a bit of movement.

That's all for me today, friends. Thank you so much for joining along. Make sure to visit Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kelly, Kimberly, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, and Michelle to see more of this month's release. See you tomorrow!

Supplies:
Valentine Treat Boxes


You Mean The World Card

4 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Loving the random glittered red hearts on the background die cut! Lovely!

Peggy said...

I have soooo many PTI Valentine stamps but yours will be added. They are so versatile and fun.
Love that purple!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

I can't get enough of these Bold Borders - love them all! I love the glitter accent hearts - genius idea!

BarbaraB said...

Pretty color combo for the packaging!
And love what you did with the bold borders.