Saturday, October 13, 2018

Introducing Winter Window, Blooming Amaryllis, and Say It Simply: Merry & Bright

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to the October Papertrey Ink countdown. We're on Day 4 and today we're introducing Dawn's Blooming Amaryllis stamp set and Say It Simply: Merry & Bright die and my Winter Window stamp set. Let's get to it!

I'm going to start today with a card pairing Blooming Amaryllis and the Say It Simply: Merry & Bright die. We get amaryllis bulbs every year and some of my very favorites have been giant pink varieties, so that's the style I recreated on today's card.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_BloomingAmaryllis_SayingItSimply_Merry&BrightCard

I began by stamping the amaryllis blooms in Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, and Berry Sorbet onto a white panel. I also stamped the stems in Green Parakeet and New Leaf inks. I stamped the flower centers and stamens in Green Parakeet and then embellished them with Golden Beryl glitter to give them sparkle.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_BloomingAmaryllis_SayingItSimply_Merry&BrightCard2

I die cut the Shape Shifters: Square 3 dotted border into the amaryllis panel before stitching it to a decorative strip of Bitty Big: Pale Peony patterned paper. I adhered the card front to a Sweet Blush card base and rounded the bottom corners before setting it aside.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_BloomingAmaryllis_SayingItSimply_Merry&BrightCard3

Next, I xyroned a piece of Berry Sorbet cardstock and die cut three Say It Simply: Merry & Bright shapes. I stacked them to give dimension and then adhered them to the front of the card. I can't wait to use this set again! There are so many amaryllis colors and I'm super excited to recreate as many of them as I can.

My second card for the day features my new Winter Window stamp set. I have wanted a set like this for a very long time and I'm thrilled it is finally here! This set is inspired, for better or worse, by the...vintage...windows in our house. When it gets cold outside they get this romantic, glittering, frosty look that makes everything outside look like it stepped right out of a storybook.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_WinterWindow_PeaceOnEarthCard

I wanted to incorporate those frosty windows in my card today, so I started out by die cutting the window out of white cardstock and clear cardstock. I used the paned window die for the white cardstock and the open window die for the clear. I stamped the window onto a piece of scrap paper first and temporarily adhered the clear cardstock over it. Then, I stamped the frost in Cotton White Stazon onto the clear cardstock, using the scrap paper window underneath as a guide. Next, I stamped the window image onto the white cardstock die cut and adhered the clear cardstock to the back. You could very easily make this a shaker element, but I chose not to do that this time. Soon though. Soon!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_WinterWindow_PeaceOnEarthCard2

I sponged some Spring Rain ink onto a scrap of white cardstock before die cutting it with the open window die. I stamped it with the snowy pattern included in the set and then heat embossed the icicles twice (once in white and once with holographic powder). I die cut the window shape from a panel of white cardstock before stenciling it and texturing it with the Fairy Tale Christmas Stencil Collection. We live in the woods, so this stencil is definitely a favorite.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_WinterWindow_PeaceOnEarthCard3

I stamped my sentiment before adhering my woodland panel to a Dark Indigo card base. Then, I inlaid my snowy/icicle window into the opening I had previously die cut and attached the layered window to the card front with foam tape. I wanted to give my window a touch of festive flair, so I stamped and die the pine swag and candle. I used Versamark and pigment powder for the bow, adding a touch of gold metallic to the arrangement. I am so, so excited about this set, friends. I already have an autumn variation of this design in the works that I promise to share with you very soon.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I'll be back tomorrow with even more of this month's knockout release. In the meantime, Amy, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, Stephanie, and Kimberly all have projects to share that you won't want to miss. See you soon!

Supplies:
Merry & Bright Card


Peace On Earth Card

4 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Congratulations on this release. I really love this Winter Window, such possibilities. Have loved all the DT uses of it. Your cards are lovely. Enjoy a happy weekend.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Happy Saturday morning! I'm one happy crafter today because I've hoped for a window die for awhile! See, dreams do come true! Thank you Lizzie! You're not going to believe this, but a couple of years ago I had a big yard sale and sold my big Xyron! I never used it and my craft room is small, So!!!! I'm hoping to find one, maybe at Michael's w/a coupon! You have the best adhesive ideas! And holographic powder!? Anyway, congratulations on your designs this release, I love, love them all!!!

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

So excited for Winter Window! It’s awesome!

Vegan Recipes said...

Very thoughttful blog