Sunday, October 14, 2018

Introducing Twinkling Trees & the Potbellies Collection

Good morning, friends and welcome back to Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink October countdown! The team is sharing a really fun collection from Betsy Veldman today called Potbellies (even the name is cute!) that can be used as treat packaging, tags, and even a mega sized feature for the front of a card. We're also showcasing a set from Rebecca Luminarias called Twinkling Trees that is sure to tickle the fancy of any clean and graphic fans out there. It's a beauty! Let's get started!

I'm kicking things off today with the Potbellies: Penguin on a card. He's the cutest thing!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_Potbellies_Penguin_HeartFullOfLoveCard

I began by sponging a piece of Weathervane cardstock with the matching ink before die cutting it with the main body die. I die cut the belly opening and heat embossed the sentiment from Potbellies Sentiments along the lower edge. Then, I embellished with a tiny heart shape that I die cut using the Mix & Mat: Hearts die.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_Potbellies_Penguin_HeartFullOfLoveCard3

Next, I xyroned a piece of white cardstock and die cut the Penguin's face. I adhered googly eyes (because I love a googly-eyed critter) and a small piece of foam tape before applying white flocking. He's so fuzzy! Then, I did the same with Summer Sunrise cardstock and the Penguin's beak and feet. I glittered those and adhered them in their appropriate places.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_Potbellies_Penguin_HeartFullOfLoveCard2

Then, I die cut a circle of white cardstock and stamped a sentiment that I frankensteined together using Betsy's Fawn & Flora and my Sentiment Staples: Christmas. I adhered a large clear bubble to the back of the Penguin to create a shaker and filled it with buffalo snow, sequins and beads from the Fairy Tale Christmas Trimmings kit, and die cut Reef Builder fishies. I adhered the Penguin to a card front that I had layered with Bitty Big: Lilac Grace patterned paper and a glittered snowbank. I can't stand how cute he is!

Next up, I have a card pairing Rebecca's Twinkling Trees with my Bold Borders: Flurries die (also out this month).

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_TwinklingTrees_HeartBeLightCard

I began by sponging Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal inks onto a Fresh Snow Linen panel. I love the texture the linen finish gives to the blended colors. I adhered that to an Aqua Mist card base and then applied a glittered Bold Borders: Flurries frame.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_TwinklingTrees_HeartBeLightCard2

Next, I layered on a Tropical Teal oval cut using the Pierced Feature Frames: Oval die collection (which, along with the original Pierced Feature Frames Die Collection, is back in stock, by the way). Then, I added layers of snow die cut with the Cover Plate: Waves die. I glittered one of them to add interest and sparkle. There can never be enough glitter on Christmas cards.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_October2018_TwinklingTrees_HeartBeLightCard3

Then, I stamped the trees from Rebecca's new set. I chose a pink and bright green color palette in keeping with their modern styling. I first stamped a lighter color and added depth with sponging before stamping the starry patterns on each tree. I used sticky embossing powder on the small tree so I could apply glitter to the stars and I stamped the larger tree with a sentiment from the set. Rebecca has included so many options for mix and match greetings in her set, many of which are unique greetings you don't see all the time. I really love that! I added woodgrain trunks to my trees before attaching them to the card front. Be still my heart - so sparkly!

Thank you so much for joining me today. I have one last post for you tomorrow (Release Day!!!), so be sure to check back. In the meantime, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, KellyLaurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, Stephanie, and Kimberly all have projects to share with you today. See you tomorrow!

Supplies:
Heart Full Of Love Card


Let Your Heart Be Light Card

2 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! As great as our technology is, photos don't do justice! When I read all the cute details you added, like flicking and glitter to your penguin, I wish I could see it in person. And your twinkling trees turned out so pretty! (And modern too!) Thx again for posting the crochet thread on an earlier post. Hope you have a day of relaxation and enjoy your fall season! :)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Oh Lizzie, has been a week of fun stops. These little Potbellies are adorable and I love the colors on both projects. With the snow happening in Iowa today, it was a good release