Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Summertime Inspirations

Good morning, everyone, and welcome back to Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink July Countdown! Today is group post number two and today is all about the tropics.

Summertime Inspirations Cards

The tropics are totally on trend right now so the new sets we're introducing today couldn't be more in vogue! But in customary Papertrey style, these images are classic and clever and sure to be fresh for many years to come. Let's look at these projects in a little more detail, shall we?

I began with this Missing You card using Maile's new Tropics set. I couldn't wait to try some sponging techniques on those leaves!

Missing You Card

I started by stamping the leaves onto a white cardstock panel using Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, and Pinefeather inks. I blended the colors on the stamps before making my impression in order to get varying levels of depth. Then I used the Sentiment Splits: Angle Vertical die to cut the panel into two pieces.

Missing You Close Up

I heat embossed a sentiment from Keep It Simple: Missing You onto a Green Parakeet card base in the void between the two pieces. Then I attached the leafy pieces to the card base with foam tape and embellished with a crochet thread bow and some sequins from the Rainbows & Sprinkles Make It Market Kit. Nice and simple!

Next up is the retirement card that I created by pairing Tropics with Nichole's Some Like It Hot set.

Happy Retirement Card

I began by stamping and die cutting the flamingo. I used Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, and just a touch of Pure Poppy to achieve his color. I set him aside while I worked on the card base. First, I die cut a circle from Green Parakeet cardstock and used that as a template. Then, I created the little ocean scene by sponging some Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base before stamping my palms into place. The water was created by sponging Hawaiian Shores and Tropical Teal inks onto a Background Basics: Woodgrain strip.

Happy Retirement Close Up

I stamped the tribal sketch image around the circumference of the die cut circle before adhering that panel into place. I mounted my flamingo into place with foam tape before tucking in a Number The Stars Banner shape that I'd stamped with a sentiment from Just A Number. I also attached a "happy" that I'd die cut from Hawaiian Shores cardstock sponged with Tropical Teal ink. I love how this one came together!

Finally today I have one more card for you featuring Number The Stars and Background Basics: Galaxy.

Twinkle, Twinkle Card

I started by sponging Enchanted Evening ink onto a piece of Spring Rain cardstock. Once that was completely dry, I heat embossed the outline stars from Background Basics: Galaxy using gold powder. Next, I cut a slightly offset frame of white cardstock using one of the Double Ups: Rectangle dies.

Twinkle, Twinkle Close Up

I adhered both to a white card base, tucking a gold embossed sentiment banner in there, too. Next, I stamped the baby from Bundle Of Love onto a scrap of white cardstock and colored her with Copic markers. I trimmed her out and added her to the tip of the sentiment banner with foam adhesive. Nice and simple!

Well, that's all for me today, friends. Thank you for joining me! I'll be back tomorrow with a few more projects, but in the meantime, make sure to check in with  Nichole, Amy, Ashley, BetsyDanielle, DawnHeather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa to see more of this month's release. Erin and Maile are also sharing a few more peeks, so make sure to visit them, too! See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Missing You Card
Stamps: Tropics, Keep It Simple: Missing You - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Green Parakeet - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Pinefeather - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Sentiment Splits: Angle Vertical Die, Rainbows & Sunshine Kit Sequins - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Crochet Thread

Happy Retirement Card
Stamps: Some Like It Hot, Tropics, Background Basics: Woodgrain, Just A Number - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Green Parakeet, Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Some Like It Hot Die, Number The Stars Banner Die, Just A Number Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Twinkle, Twinkle Card
Stamps: Number The Stars, Background Basics: Galaxy, Bundle Of Love - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Number The Stars Banner Die, Double Ups: Rectangle Die - Papertrey Ink; Gold Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

15 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

I love your cards but the Twinkle Twinkle Card is my favorite!

merryf said...

That fern card is absolutely stunning! Perfectly my style! Thanks for the inspiration; this is now at the top of my wish list

jan metcalf said...

Twinkle is a great idea for a baby card! All nice cards!

Diana K said...

I'm amazed! Thank you so much for sharing three stunning cards this morning, Lizzie. Twinkle baby is bold but sweet and your tropical set is oh so mellow. Love the scene you made with your flamingo and your leaf card is just gorgeous in the colours you chose.

Marybeth said...

Me too,I'm amazed with all three cards you shared today! Love the gold on the baby card and the flamingo card is gorgeous ,as well as the split leaf card! Gorgeous!

pm said...

Pure genius to use Background Basics: Woodgrain for water! Very creative cards!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

BEAUTIFUL cards, Lizzie

TLady said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK with the Tropical sets!!! I LOVE the colors green you've used! AND the Galaxy Card is FABULOUS TOO!!! I LOOOOOVE that little baby! LOL SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Greta said...

Your first card jumped off the screen at me--love it so much! All your work inspires me--thank you!

Lynne said...

Lizzie - You made simply lovely cards with the new stamps and dies. I especially love the split one!

Nancy Penir said...

Oh the twinkle baby card is wonderful! Can't wait to case that one! All your card are great, always fun to visit Lizzie!

Cindy G. said...

I never seen such pretty cards for "missing you" and "retirement" cards! These are great ideas and such pretty use of colors. I really love the "galaxy" card as well, and I can see many uses for this card! Thanks for inspiring me!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, you are so clever...woodgrain for water...it worked beautifully. Love all three cards! I'm so inspired with all this loveliness.

Kari D said...

OH MY GOODNESSES, Lizzie! These cards are just great. I love each and every one. THANK YOU for sharing such great inspiration.

Michelle said...

Really beautiful cards! I can't decide between the tropical ones. I love the simplicity of the first one, but I love your flamingo scene as well.