Friday, July 15, 2016

Release In Review

Good morning, friends! Today is the wrap up for the July Papertrey Ink Countdown and I have a few additional projects to share featuring the new goodies from this month's release. Let's get to it!

First up, I have a card I created with the latest in Betsy's Paper Clippings series, Paper Clippings: Done With Love.

Done In Love Card

I started by xyroning and die cutting three of the large heart cover plate shapes. Next I stamped the sentiment into the appropriate place using Limeade Ice and Simply Chartreuse inks. I stamped a few select flowers with Harvest Gold and Summer Sunrise inks before adding shimmer with a clear Spica pen.

Done In Love Close Up

Next I stamped and die cut the "in" heart using Berry Sorbet and Pure Poppy inks. I layered the three large hearts together and then attached the small heart with a bit of foam tape. I sponged and splattered a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a white card base before adhering the heart into place.

Next, I have a wedding card I made with Maile's Splits: Best Wishes set.

Splits Best Wishes Card

I began die cutting and heat embossing the Splits image onto white cardstock. I colored the leaves with a colored pencil and added the sentiment in Stormy Sea ink. Then I sponged Pale Peony ink onto the back of a piece of bitty dot Sheer Basics vellum. Once it was dry, I die cut it with the new Cover Plate: Scallops die.

Splits Best Wishes Close Up

I layered that onto a white card base and used foam adhesive under the Splits shape to adhere both into place. Next, I colored several rhinestones in varying sizes with a Copic marker. I adhered those over the "berries" on the Splits frame for a card with tons of sparkle.

Next in line is a card featuring Betsy's new Inspired: Prayer set.

Sending A Prayer Card

I began by die cutting and stamping flowers and leaves from Dawn's Floral Sketches set onto white cardstock. Next, I sponged a bit of Spring Rain ink onto a panel of white cardstock before die cutting a circle out of the interior (it's not centered; it's off to the right a bit). I placed that over a white card base and then stamped my sentiment in the opening.

Sending A Prayer Close Up

I added texture to that panel with the Woodgrain Impression Plate before attaching it to the card base with foam tape. Finally, I arranged the die cut flowers and leaves around the left side of the circle with a mix of flat and foam adhesives.

And last but not least I have a card pairing Dawn's It's The Thought with Betsy's Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day.

Rainy Thinking Of You Card

I began by stamping, coloring, and die cutting the images from the Rainy Day set. Then, I stamped a white panel with images from So Striking and Watercolor Wonder to create a mini scene. I added the sentiment from Dawn's new set in Pure Poppy before attaching the panel to a Soft Stone card base that I had embellished with a strip of striped Soft Stone patterned paper.

Rainy Thinking Of You Close Up

Next, I adhered the umbrella and galoshes into place before adding a sprinkling of Sunshine & Rainbows sequins.

That's all for me this time around. Thank you so much for joining me this week! Make sure to pop over and visit Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Danielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa to see more of their projects, too. Thanks again for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Done With Love Card
Stamps: Paper Clippings: Done With Love - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Limeade Ice, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Paper Clippings: Done With Love Die - Papertrey Ink; Clear Spica Pen - Zig; Foam Tape - Scotch

Best Wishes Card
Stamps: Splits: Best Wishes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Sheer Basics Bitty Dot Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pale Peony, Stormy Sea - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Splits: Best Wishes Die, Cover Plate: Scallops Die - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Rhinestones - KaiserCraft, Mark Richards; Foam Tape - Scotch; Copic Marker; Prismacolor Pencils

Sending A Prayer Card
Stamps: Inspired: Prayer, Floral Sketches - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Autumn Rose, Lovely Lady, Ocean Tides, Pinefeather, Cocoa Bean, Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink
Other: Floral Sketches Die, Woodgrain Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Rainy Thinking Of You Card
Stamps: Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day, It’s The Thought, Watercolor Wonder, So Striking - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Soft Stone Stripe Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Soft Stone, Spring Rain, Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento
Other: Dress Up Dolls: Rainy Day Die, Sunshine & Rainbows Sequins - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Copic Markers

6 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards! I just love your Sending a Prayer card - the colors are stunning!

Diana K said...

You never take the easy road, do you? I'm especially enjoying all the combinations of different sets that you've used. Fabulous cards, Lizzie!

jan metcalf said...

Love your thinking of you card design, and best wishes too!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

AWESOME CARDS!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, all of these are fabulous! I especially love the colors used for your Prayer card. You sure know how to mix and match a variety of stamp sets and dies. Can you tell I'm envious?

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Awesome cards....my first time visiting your sight. Beautiful cards and lots of eye candy.