Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dawn's Color Challenge

Well, the final (I think?!) challenge of the Papertrey Ink anniversary countdown was issued this morning. The challenge was to use a color scheme that Dawn McVey had shown on one of her cards throughout the countdown. I chose the Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Dark Chocolate, White color scheme. I have Lemon Tart ribbons, ink, and cardstock, but I rarely reach for them, so I thought this would be fun. I also took the challenge and used a layout from one of her cards, too (a different one from the color inspiration card). It's a double challenge kind of night!



I started with a piece of Aqua Mist that I stamped with the largest dot from Polka Dot Basics. Then, I mounted that layer to a piece of Dark Chocolate and tied them with ribbon. I took two strips of Lemon Tart and punched them with the scalloped border punch from Fiskars. I mounted them to the back of the Chocolate using foam tape and adhered the entire piece to a white base. As a final touch, I stamped the "hello" sentiment from Mixed Messages onto Lemon Tart cardstock and punched out the greeting using a 1/2" circle punch. That was adhered to the Aqua Mist layer with foam tape. That's all there is to it. Nice and easy! I hope you've all enjoyed tonight's Hail Mary project. Take care and Happy Valentine's Day!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Lemon Tart, Aqua Mist, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Mixed Messages - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Frost White - Colorbox; Burnt Umber - Palette
Ribbon: Lemon Tart Saddle Stitched - Papertrey Ink
Tools: 1/2" circle punch - EK Success; Scalloped Border punch - Fiskars
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Gwen said...

this is just simply beautiful!!!

karla said...

What a great card...I think it's my favorite so far!!

Unknown said...

This is a real beauty!! Love it. I chose the same color combo :) Thought it was fun and fresh. TFS~

Cheryl said...

So cute, Lizzie! I love the polka dots.