Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Transformation Tuesday

Good morning, friends! I hope you had a lovely holiday weekend. It's my turn for this week's Papertrey Ink Transformation Tuesday, so I thought I would revisit a card that I really didn't love from last year.

TRANSFORMATIONTUES-090418

Do you ever finish a card and immediately wish it had turned out differently? The original card is one of those for me. I wasn't thrilled with the lack of balance; it felt too top heavy. I was annoyed with the way the vellum had warped when I did my embossing. And I wasn't pleased with how subtle the Cover Up: Quatrefoil background had ended up. The revamped card incorporates many of the same supplies, but combines them in a new way with fresh supplies for an update that makes me much, much happier.

LizzieJones_TransformationTuesday_September2018_GiveLoveCard

I knew I wanted to use the same stamp sets and color scheme because those were parts of the original card I actually liked. It was the layout and techniques that I didn't love. So I began by taking a look at the layout options that had opened up since I made the original card. The Pierced Feature Frames seemed like a fantastic option to use more of the space than the original circle. The open area gave the Cover Up: Quatrefoil more space to shine and seemed to provide more overall balance. I also added a few more flowers and leaves to help with the balance, this time giving them a sponged effect for a more interesting finish.

LizzieJones_TransformationTuesday_September2018_GiveLoveCard2

Speaking of the Cover Up: Quatrefoil, I hadn't been happy with how subtle the background was on the original card. It felt a little washed out. So this time, I stamped in color over the blended background instead of doing an emboss resist. It's a much stronger look and I think it shows off the pretty background much better. Doing the background in this way, I was able to lose the warped vellum sentiment strip, too. I simply stamped in Dark Indigo straight onto the patterned background.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card transformation! Have a wonderful day and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:

4 comments:

Helen said...

Like what you did with this card, Lizzie. The larger die cut in the framing lightens up the card so well. tfs

merryf said...

I love this transformation! you really opened it up with the rectangular window. It's such a fresh color palette!

Jane C. said...

Beautiful transformation.

Greta said...

Your transformed card has totally inspired me, Lizzie! I absolutely love how you used the quatrafoil stamp & the balance is perfect! Such a gorgeous card!