Saturday, September 15, 2018

It's Release Day!

Good morning, friends! It's release day for the Papertrey Ink September product lineup and I wanted to pop in today to share another project with the Heirloom Ornaments 2 Die Collection.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_September2018_HeirloomOrnaments2_StitchedOrnamentTags2

In my introduction post, I mentioned that these ornaments are perfectly sized to add personalization. Today, I thought I would show you how I used stitched alphabets to transform the onion style ornament into customized tags for the littles in our life.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_September2018_HeirloomOrnaments2_StitchedOrnamentTags

I fused patterned fabric to our wool and die cut it with the onion-shaped bulb. Then, I used the Sew Stylish Alphabet 1, Sew Stylish Alphabet 2, and Small Stitched Alphabet to add the personalization to the ornaments.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_September2018_HeirloomOrnaments2_StitchedOrnamentTags3

I stitched on the details and then stitched up the outer edges of the ornaments. Rather than stuff these, since I knew I intended to use them as tags, I actually inserted tag stock between the layers to give them a sturdy, flat appearance. These can be reused as tree ornaments once the gifts are given. You could also create them out of cardstock or patterned paper if you wanted something a little more disposable.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a wonderful time with tonight's release and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Stitched Ornament Gift Tags

No comments: