Wednesday, September 5, 2018

September Stitching Feature - Ringing In September With New Ornament Dies!

Good morning, friends, and welcome to this month’s Stitching Feature! I’m Lizzie Jones your Stitching Ambassador and this month I’m introducing the Heirloom Ornaments 2 Die CollectionThis collection will release on September 15th at 10pm ET along with the rest of the September release, so keep your eyes peeled for them at that time. I had so much fun designing this set of ornament stitching dies and I’m so excited to finally be able to share!
This collection includes two classic ornament shapes, one round and one onion shape, along with a few detail dies to dress them up and make ’em fancy. They also work beautifully with dies you may already have in your collection (like the Heirloom Ornaments 1 Die *wink, wink*)! Let’s take a closer look at the individual ornaments I have to share today.
I’m kicking things off today with the round ric-rac ornament. This little guy is one of my favorites. You have the option to leave the round bulb plain or to dress it up with the ric-rac, stripe, and sequins/beads or the ric-rac and stripe alone. You could even concoct an argyle pattern with the holes for the sequins/beads. I haven’t tried that yet, but you better believe it’s on my list.
I made this little fella with Simply Chartreuse felt as my base, Vintage Cream as my stripe, and Aqua Mist as my ric-rac. All of today’s ornaments use Smokey Shadow for the bulb toppers, but Harvest Gold would make a great gold substitution. I want to get my hands on some patterned and glittered felt. Can you imagine?! I’m giddy just thinking about it! I used red beads to embellish the center of each red sequin. If you used beads that were large enough you wouldn’t even need the sequins, but I like the layered look of the two elements together.
Next, I used the same bulb, but this time I used the poinsettia insert from the Heirloom Ornaments 1 collection to embellish the center. This time I used Pure Poppy felt for the base and Aqua Mist for the insert. I stuffed each of these ornaments with a bit of polyfil to give them some dimension before stitching up the outer edge.
The poinsettia insert takes on a little bit of a snowflake vibe in this color palette. I embellished the very center with a white sequin and clear bead to give a touch of sparkle. This ornament is a great size (about 3 1/3″ wide) so it’s ideal for personalization. The Sew Stylish Alphabet would be a great option for a monogram while the Small Stitched Alphabet would be great for names or initials!
The onion bulb is one I’m very excited to use to fill a whole tree! I have several vintage ornaments in this shape that I adore, so I’m particularly smitten with this style. The ornament can be used without decoration or you can add the scalloped top and bottom or this mid-century style flare design. I used sequins and beads to dress this up, but you could also use metallic thread for another fun look.
I cut the ornament from Aqua Mist felt and the scalloped bits from Vintage Cream. It really doesn’t take much stuffing to fill these ornaments, so you can make a ton of them with the contents of a bag of polyfil. You could even stuff these with pine or cinnamon scented crystals for a festive aroma!
Like I mentioned before, these ornaments are sized to pair beautifully with dies you may already have in your collection. I used the medium Fancy Flakes die on this ornament, just anchoring each end with a single stitch. This is also a great way to incorporate some of those large buttons you may have sitting around waiting to be used.
I cut the large ornament shape from Spring Moss felt and the scalloped ends from Pure Poppy. The snowflake was cut from Vintage Cream and anchored with an Aqua Mist vintage button. These would also look amazing cut from patterned fabric or fashioned into gift tags. I plan to share more ornaments as we get closer to release day, so be on the lookout for even more of these ornaments popping up on a blog near you very soon!
Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you’re as excited about this second edition of ornaments as I am! I’ll see you again soon!
Supplies:
Heirloom Ornaments 2 Collection

3 comments:

jane said...

Lizzie, is it possible to get the needle case dies and scissor dies back again? I don't know if you can do anything about it but I would love to purchase them. Love the ornaments.

Lizzie Jones said...

I'm sorry, Jane, I'm afraid I don't have any control over stock levels. I would suggest contacting Customer Service to see if they can give you any insight on when those particular dies might be back in stock. Best of luck!

gujrati moj said...

Hello, My Dear friends Hi!! Hope you all are doing well. Are looking for the Big Lots Survey at www.biglotssurvey.com?

And Do you want to know about What time does Big Lots Store Open? and What time does Big Lots Store Close?

Big lots customer service Number and Big Lots Store Locations Near Me.

If you don’t know so don’t worry my friends, cause Here we have explained all Big lot survey, Big lots rewards,

that would help you to save your time and fuel. There is no necessary to go visit Big Lots Store yourself.

big lots survey number

big lots transaction number on receipt

biglotsurvery