Saturday, September 22, 2018

Glittered Window Gift Card Cozies

The most wonderful thing happened today, friends. The weather, which has been hot and sticky and no fun at all, finally turned cool! As I sit writing this, I can smell wood smoke in the air and I'm cuddled up wearing a sweater. I have plans for warm, earthy foods for dinner and all is right with the world. I couldn't have asked for a better beginning to Autumn. It's my favorite.

Another wonderful thing happened today, too. The cooler temperatures seem to have awakened my creativity a bit and I spent a little "just because" time in my studio. That so rarely happens that I felt compelled to share the results of my crafty time.

LizzieJones_ChristmasWindowGiftCardCozies

I wanted to pair the Hinged Gift Card Box: Christmas Windows with the Gift Card Cozy Die because I had a sneaking suspicion that they would work well together. And, oh joy of joys, they did! I backed the windows with Xyroned cardstock and sprinkled the sticky surface with glitter so that the whole area sparkles. Then, I die cut and stamped the strings of lights from Corner Adorner: September and added those with foam tape.

LizzieJones_ChristmasWindowGiftCardCozies2

On the flap of each of the little envelopes I stamped sentiments from the Gift Card Cozy Sentiments stamp set. The Santa envelope's greeting is embossed while the Merry envelope's message is simply stamped. These came together quickly and easily and pairing these two dies together makes both of them more versatile. I love that!

As I've mentioned before, I love tags and gift card packaging. I'm going to need to get on it if I want to make sure I have enough for the upcoming season. Would you like to see more posts like these? Little quick ones that show either a set of tags or some other packaging? Let me know! Enjoy the rest of your weekends, friends!

Supplies:

3 comments:

Eileen Mathys said...

This is wonderful! I was never happy with the stamps that went with the cozy... but now MUST try your idea! Thanks for sharing!

Marcia Hill said...

These are SOOOOO cute Lizzie and I can't wait to make a few of my own!! And yes, I would LOVE to see more posts like this one with gift tags and such...thank you, thank you!! :0)

Christi in Ma said...

I love this project. Yes, please continue sharing ‘just because’ projects. I like seeing people use supplies after release day.