Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Simple To Spectacular: Painted Poinsettias

Welcome to this month's Papertrey Ink Simple To Spectacular feature! This month, Melissa, Lexi, and I are showcasing Painted Poinsettias, a beautiful floral perfect for this time of year. My holiday cards might be heading out in the post soon, but I am still in need of seasonal thank you cards for after the gift-giving season.


Today's Simple To Spectacular challenge seemed like the perfect opportunity to stock up on a handful of thank you notes. I gradually increased the layers of die cuts and texture to take a simple card and amp up the pattern and interest. This was a really fun challenge!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_SimpleThankYouForTheGiftCard

My Simple card uses a die cut Nesting Frames: Pierced Rectangles die to draw the focus toward the center of the card. I stamped the smaller of the two poinsettias directly on the card base along with the leaves from the set.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_SimpleThankYouForTheGiftCard2

Then, I stamped the sentiment onto the card front. The "thank you" is from Penned Elegance and the "for the gift" is from the Painted Poinsettias set. I adhered the front panel to a Sweet Blush card base, so there's a bit of contrast between the front and inside of the card.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_SimpleThankYouForTheGiftCard3

Then, I stamped and die cut the large flower and adhered it to the front of the card with foam tape. This single bit of dimension gives the simplest design a little bit of interest while still keeping things nice and clean.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_IntermediateThankYouForTheGiftCard

On the Intermediate card, I chose a more substantial frame to draw your eye in toward the center of the card. This time, I layered two Pierced Feature Frames die cuts. Foam tape would have been too bulky, but the two layers of cardstock are just right.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_IntermediateThankYouForTheGiftCard2

I stamped my sentiment before adhering the front panel to a Sweet Blush card base and adhering the frame into place. Then, I stamped and die cut both the leaves and flowers from Painted Poinsettias set and arranged them along the frame.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_IntermediateThankYouForTheGiftCard3

I used a mix of flat and foam adhesives to add a nice variety of dimension. I love the fresh pink and green color palette against all that white!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_SpectacularThankYouForTheGiftCard

To amp things up on the Spectacular version, I layered the frames on a Scallop Stackers: Medium die cut. But before I did that, I very lightly sponged on some polka dots using Aqua Mist ink and the Stencil Basics: Dots stencil and stamped my greeting.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_SpectacularThankYouForTheGiftCard2

I adhered that whole panel to a Sweet Blush card base using foam tape. Then I used die cut flowers and leaves to embellish the frame.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_SpectacularThankYouForTheGiftCard3

This time though, I die cut the flower centers and glammed them up with a bit of clear glitter. The added sparkle is the perfect touch of holiday glitz for my seasonal thank yous.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_SimpleToSpectacular_PaintedPoinsettias_ThankYouForTheGiftCardTrio

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you've enjoyed this month's Simple To Spectacular and I'll see you again in a couple of days for Festive Friday. Have a good one!

Supplies:
Poinsettia Thank You Card Trio

No comments: