Friday, November 16, 2018

Festive Friday - Heather Nichols Sendoff Edition

Festive Friday Banner

Happy Friday, friends! It's Festive Friday and this week I'm going to do something a little bit special. If you're a Papertrey Ink fan, you've probably already heard the news that Heather Nichols has stepped down from the team and is moving on. This news made me just as sad as it made all of you. I started with Papertrey as a customer and Heather's rustic, printmaker style always spoke to me. When she began illustrating for the company, I was super excited and started buying her sets as soon as they debuted.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_RusticBranches_GiftForYouTags

That brings us to today's project. I dug into my sets and pulled out a long-time favorite that just so happens to be Heather's first set, Rustic Branches (I'm sorry for using a retired set, but this is a special occasion). I pulled out the Tag Sale #7 die and my Gift Card Cozy Sentiments set to round out these tags.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_RusticBranches_GiftForYouTags2

I began by die cutting three tags from Rustic White and three from Classic Kraft cardstock. Then, I stamped the Rustic Branches wreath onto the Rustic White tags using Pinefeather and Ocean Tides inks. I added the berries and the greeting from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments with Pure Poppy and then embellished the berries with Nuvo glitter drops.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_RusticBranches_GiftForYouTags3

I set those aside to dry while I heat embossed the "To:/From:" from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments onto the Kraft tags. Once the berries were dry, I adhered the two tags together, rough side in, and tied the top hole with a bit of Rustic Jute Button Twine. I also added button twine bows to the wreaths.

I've always loved this set and I'm having a hard time imagining not having Heather around each month. I'm going to miss her so much!

Thank you so much for joining me for this week's Festive Friday. Happy crafting, friends!

Supplies:
Rustic Branches Tags

2 comments:

Sandy Kay said...

Lizzie, these are so sweet, as are your sweet sentiments about Heather! I'm not generally a "tag" person, but I must duplicate these!! Thanks for sharing!

Marcia Hill said...

These are absolutely GORGEOUS Lizzie and I'm sad I don't have this stamp set of Heather's so I can make my own! I do own a few stamp sets though (cough, cough!!) so I'll have to see what I can come up with that's close! Thanks for another Festive Friday...I'm really enjoying your posts!! :0)