Saturday, July 14, 2018

Introducing Orchid Expressions & Words To Live By: Inspired

Good morning, friends! It's Day 5 of the Papertrey Ink July countdown and today we're showcasing Betsy's new Orchid Expressions and Words To Live By sets. Some of you have been anxiously awaiting an orchid from Betsy since her Cloche Quarters: Summer Fillers set came out and you're definitely not going to be disappointed! Betsy has come through with a large-scale, multi-stamp orchid that will take your breath away. Enough chatter, let's get to it!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July 2018_OrchidExpressions_WordsToLiveBy_YouInspireOthersCard

I began by card today by splattering some Spring Rain ink onto a Rustic White panel. Then I stamped the potted orchid using a whole rainbow of colors. I used Canyon Clay and Americana for the pot, Ocean Tides and Pinefeather for the greenery, Fine Linen and Classic Kraft for the bamboo cane, and Lovely Lady, Autumn Rose, and Scarlet Jewel for the blossoms. Whew! I love that Betsy included so many layers to incorporate color. And they're pretty easy to line up, too!

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July 2018_OrchidExpressions_WordsToLiveBy_YouInspireOthersCard2

Next, I stamped the sentiment from Words To Live By: Inspire using Dark Indigo ink. I like the navy blue because it's just a tad softer than black or Smokey Shadow. Then, I sponged some Lovely Lady ink onto a piece of Rustic White cardstock before die cutting it with the Words To Live By: Inspire die. I stacked those die cuts and set them aside.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July 2018_OrchidExpressions_WordsToLiveBy_YouInspireOthersCard3

Then, I stitched the flower panel to a piece of Bitty Big: Pinefeather paper and adhered it to a Classic Kraft card base. I attached my die cut word and used small pearls to dot the eyes (because keeping track of those "i" bits is not my forte). I also used slivers of crunched up Classic Kraft cardstock to create Spanish moss in the flower pot. I really like the texture that adds. And, for the record, I could make one of these cards for everyone on the Papertrey team because they are all such inspiring, creative women and I'm lucky to know them.

Ok, friends. That's all I have for you today. Make sure to pop in on Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie to see more of these great new sets. Have a great weekend and I'll see you again very soon!

Supplies:
You Inspire Others Card

7 comments:

adele holcomb said...

I love the way you created moss for your pot -- the texture really catches the eye!

jan metcalf said...

Love the pot with this orchid and your strip of pattern paper to accent!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! What a week! While you thank others on the design team, I thank you too. You are a special lady, a great friend and talented artist. We're blessed to be inspired by YOU! Your card today is stunning, with beautiful detail work. Your pinefeather pp is a great touch and the moss is genius! Hope you and Gus &Louie have a great weekend! Thx Lizzie!

Debbie said...

Lovely as always... you have such a way of thinking outside the box... that moss!! You weren't teasing us about the stitching dies were you? I didn't see them in the previews!

Lizzie Jones said...

I wasn't teasing, promise! They'll be available tomorrow night on the Papertrey website with the rest of the release and they retail for $30. Hope that helps!

Andre M. said...

Such a pretty card! Love the additional texture you created by adding the faux moss. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

Debbie said...

Thanks Lizzie, staying awake until 10 so I don't miss out on your stitching dies. I'm so excited about them!