Thursday, July 12, 2018

Introducing Kit 'N Caboodle

Welcome back to Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink July countdown. Oh my good golly, friends! I am so excited to share today's projects with you! If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I'm a tiny bit of a crazy cat lady. And by that I mean I 1) talk to my cats (Gus and Louie) like they're people. We have straight up conversations 2) spoil my felines to within an inch of their lives. These guys seriously eat better than some people 3) regularly check the list of adoptable cats at our local shelter to see if I can tempt my husband to let me bring home another one...the list goes on. And on. And on. Trust.

So it just feels natural that I would design a set of kitties for my card making adventures, don't you think? Kit 'N Caboodle is the result and I'm smitten. In this $18 set you'll find three full size kitties, one peek-a-boo kitty, and several sentiments to use with your furry friends. Fun fact: you may notice there are no fishies in the set. Honestly, it's because Gus is allergic to fish and I don't even think about fish when I think about cats since we discovered his allergy. It has totally severed the tie of cats and fish in my noggin. I don't equate one with the other anymore at all. Weird.

Anyway, let's get on to the projects, shall we? The first one is a get well card with the napping kitty laying on one of the Pierced Feature Frames.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_RestUpCard

I began by prepping the background by blending a bit of Spring Rain ink onto a white card base. Then I added a bit of pattern by sponging through the Stencil Basics: Diamonds stencil.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_RestUpCard3

Next, I stamped and die cut the kitty using Fine Linen and sponged Classic Kraft inks. I added his facial features and whiskers with Dark Chocolate ink. Then, I die cut it and set it aside for a moment.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_RestUpCard2

I die cut the smallest Feature Frame and heat embossed it with the Kit 'N Caboodle sentiment using white detail powder. I added the frame to the card base with foam adhesive and then nested the kitty inside the opening, making it look like he was resting on the frame itself. You could also have the kitty just sleeping directly on your sentiment too. Isn't he cute?!

Next up, I have the back sleeper kitty paired with the sentiment die cut from the Bold Borders: Prism die.

Isn't he beautiful?! 

This kitty is designed to look like my own tiger striped baby, Gus.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_ILikeYouCard

I began by stamping the kitty onto a panel of Rustic White cardstock using Honey Nut and Dark Chocolate inks with facial features in Smokey Shadow. Then, to get the slightly transparent whiskers, I stamped first using Fresh Snow ink and heat embossed with clear powder. You can see the whiskers, but they're a little more subtle than if I had simply stamped them in a dark color.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_ILikeYouCard3

Next, I stamped my sentiment in Smokey Shadow and Pure Poppy hearts before adhering that panel to a Classic Kraft card base. Then, I sponged a piece of Rustic White cardstock with Aqua Mist ink and die cut the "smile" greeting from the Bold Borders: Prism die.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_ILikeYouCard2

I stacked a few of the "smile" die cuts and adhered them to the card front. The stacking and the sponging are both subtle, but they work together beautifully to add enough definition to make the greeting pop.

The last project I have to share with you today uses the peek-a-boo kitty on some gift tags.

Comfort is key with this guy

This kitty can be any color you like, but I'm using black today in honor of our little Louie. There actually is a tuxedo cat in the set designed to look just like him, but I couldn't wait to use this kitty, so that image will wait until another day.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_JustFurYouTags

These tags are really simple, but so, so fun! I began by die cutting the tags using Tag Sale #10 and stamping the cat face in black ink. Then I stamped the sentiment from the set in Hawaiian Shores and set the tags aside.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_JustFurYouTags2

Next, I stamped and die cut the party hats from Dress Up Dolls: Birthday. I colored them with Copics and used real glittery pom-poms to embellish the tops. Then, I heat embossed the sentiment from Kit 'N Caboodle onto the Tag Sale #10 banners using white detail powder.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_July2018_KitNCaboodle_JustFurYouTags3

I used foam tape to attach the banners and the party hats to the tags. Then, I used cherry baker's twine for the tag strings. They're simple, but I can tell you right now that I would have an absolute fit if I got one of these on a birthday present. Absolute truth.

I hope you've enjoyed this peek at Kit 'N Caboodle as much as I've enjoyed sharing it with you! I'm so excited to have my kitties in stamp form!!! I'll be back tomorrow with more of this month's release, but in the meantime Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie have projects to share highlighting this set along with my new Sentiment Staples: Thinking of You and Betsy's Shape Shifters: Square 2. Have a great day and I'll see you tomorrow!

Supplies:
Rest Up Card


Smile Card


Just Fur You Tags

8 comments:

jan metcalf said...

Your new cat set is adorable! As are those cute birthday tags!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Good morning Lizzie! This has been one of the best blog days! Between Betsy's pink seagulls & her beautiful beach scene & Dawn's Kitty Kitty story & awesome layered cards, I'm having a great morning! But you topped it with Gus & Louie. I LOVE their pics, thanks so much for sharing! :) So Sasha and I are outside on the patio, squirrel watching as I give her, her morning affection. And she eats pretty darn good too! (That'S no joke! Ha ha). I LOVE animals but kittys are my fav. You made my morning Lizzie! I can't wait to work with your new designs! Yeah! One of the features I like is the versatility. (Different kittys in different positions). Well, I'm back down to earth and want to thank you for sharing your Xyron tip. I think that is the key. Thx for a super morning! :)

Christi Conley said...

As a cat mom of 5, I totally understand trying to talk your husband into just ONE more kitty! I saw your card and I just had to pop in to see your furbabies and I cannot WAIT to buy this set and the dies!!! Thank you so much for sharing your designs and your furbabies!

nancy said...

When I saw the cat set in the sneak video, I knew that I had to buy it to make cards for my sister. I love that you illustrated the cats more realistically rather than cutesy; my sister and BIL will appreciate that. And I appreciate that the cats are different enough that it won't seem as if I am sending duplicate cards in different colors. You can tell you put your heart in this set, Lizzie.

Julia Aston said...

I just love your new cat set! and your wonderfully designed cards using them!

Victoria said...

Oh, Lizzie! You are making this cat person sooo happy! I love this set so much and can't wait to get it! I have my own fur baby at home and man is he the prince of our castle (if you ask him, he'd probably say he's the king!). He is one spoiled boy. Your cat images are just wonderful and so different from all the other cat stamp sets out there. Thank you thank you!

Sharon said...

Love, love, love this set, Lizzie! So great! Can't wait to make kitty cards!

Unknown said...

Great idea and good "models"......