Monday, January 2, 2017

Moments Inked: Resolving To Read



Good morning, planner people! Today I'm sharing how I'm using my Moments Inked Planner as of late. My husband and I have talked for years about having our own mini book club and we're finally putting those plans into action! I created a little section in the back of my planner to keep track of what we're reading and my thoughts and notes about the books themselves.

Book & Planner

We're starting the year with Marie Kondo's The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. We're not exactly hoarders, but we figured this book might help us recognize and eliminate bad habits before they become problematic. Plus, who doesn't want to start a new year off on a positive note?

Reading Dashboard

I knew I wanted to compile all of my reading notes in one place in my planner, so I went about creating a simple reading section. My dashboard is a bit more complex than I typically would make one, but I wanted this section to feel special since this reading project is something I'm doing with Sean and I intend to see the dashboard regularly throughout the year (it's not a one-month-and-done sort of thing).

Reading Dashboard Close Up

I used Soft Stone patterned paper (adhered to white cardstock for stability) as my base and decorated with books I created using the Bibliophile stamps and dies. I wanted to keep the rainbow style color scheme used throughout the planner, so I used Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, and Winter Wisteria as the palette for my books.

To Read Tab Close Up

I also used one of the Tabbed List dies to create a tab for the top of my dashboard. This way I can easily flip to this section when I want to take notes. I used White Self-Adhesive paper for the label and stamped everything with the Moments Inked: Listed set.

Weekly Reading Page

I kept the pages incredibly simple. I used the Lined Refill Binder Pages and stamped them with the "date," "to read," and "notes" all from the Listed set using Smokey Shadow ink. Those prompts should be all I need to keep up with the reading. I like that there's plenty of space for notes because I want to be sure to write down all of my thoughts for the discussions Sean and I will have each week. I also like using the lined refills because if I need more room for any reason, I can just slip in another page. Easy!

Weekly Reading Tabs

I broke down the book into five weeks (I just followed the chapters) so we can work through manageable chunks and really digest what we're reading. I created a simple tab for each week using the Moments Inked: Divided die. I decorated the tabs with a patterned strip from Southwestern Style, "week" from Moments Inked: Remembered, and numerals from Get Lost. I used the same rainbow color scheme as before and I like how it coordinates with the planner pages.

Well, that's how I'm kicking off the new year with my Moments Inked Planner! I hope you've enjoyed today's post. Happy planning and all the best for a fantastic 2017!


Recipes:
Reading Dashboard
Stamps: Bibliophile, Moments Inked: Listed - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, White Adhesive Sheets, Soft Stone Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked: Binder Page Die, Moments Inked: Tabbed List Die, Bibliophile Die - Papertrey Ink

Weekly Reading Pages
Stamps: Moments Inked: Listed, Moments Inked: Remembered, Southwestern Style, Get Lost - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Moments Inked: Refill Binder Pages - Lined
Ink: Pure Poppy, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse, Aqua Mist, Winter Wisteria, Smokey Shadow - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked: Divided Die - Papertrey Ink

2 comments:

Debra said...

Hello Lizzie...and Happy New Year. I love this idea. It's better than date night! Thank you for making this practical and fun.

Ohhh Snap said...

Brilliant idea! BTW That book has helped me a lot (though I'm moving at a tortoise pace... but it's working. I was even able to sell my guitar I never really learned to play since I bought it in 1985).