Thursday, January 12, 2017

A Little More Palm Prints

Good morning! Welcome to Day 3 of the January Papertrey Ink Countdown! I have another Palm Prints card to share with you today, so let's get to it!

Hello Dear Friend Card

I started by sponging and speckling a panel of white cardstock with Aqua Mist ink. Then I added flecks of black watercolor too. Then I used the Palm Prints leaves to create a background pattern using Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, and Tropical Teal inks. I adhered that panel to a True Black card base and set it aside for a moment.

Hello Dear Friend Close Up

Next, I die cut a frame from white cardstock using the Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection. Then, I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Stacked Sentiments on vellum cardstock and adhered it to the leafy panel. I added the white frame with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension. I love how bold and bright this one turned out!

Thanks for checking in on this fine Thursday morning! Make sure to head over to Nichole's blog to see what else is new today. See you tomorrow!

Recipe:
Hello Dear Friend Card
Stamps: Palm Prints, Stacked Sentiments - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: True Black, Vellum - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Aqua Mist, Bright Buttercup, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Pure Poppy, Tropical Teal - Papertrey Ink; Onyx Black - Versafine
Other: Noted: Scalloped A2 Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; Watercolor Paints - Gansai Tambi; Clear Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

7 comments:

Susi said...

Love how colourful this card is - absolutely stunning!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, love your bright and bold palm background with your framed sentiment on vellum!

Sandy said...

Those colors are just beautiful with those palms.

jan metcalf said...

The colors are so interesting! Great job!

Jennifer T. said...

Beautiful card! You've given me a great idea to use up some of my patterned paper & vellum.

Unknown said...

Great card. I love the vellum over the colorful background.

Marybeth said...

My goodness, I love this design and beautiful rich colors!