Saturday, January 14, 2017

Designs To Die For

Good morning and welcome back to Day 5 of the January Papertrey Ink countdown! I have a serious soft spot for clever dies, especially those featuring words or phrases. So the products we're introducing today had me at "hello." You're going to love them too. I just know it!

Aloha Card

To start my card today I began by die cutting the Cornered shape from white cardstock and using it to gauge where I needed to place my mask (since I knew I didn't want any color showing behind the die cut. I used post-it notes to protect that area and then sponged some Harvest Gold ink on the uncovered portion of my white card base. Next, I stamped the Boho Rounds images onto that same area using Summer Sunrise.

Aloha Card Leaves Close Up

Then, I stamped Palm Prints leaves directly on the card base as well as on a handful of die cuts. I layered the die cut leaves over the flat leaves to give a bit of dimension.

Aloha Card Sentiment Close Up

Next, I die cut the Cornered shape a second time, this time from Raspberry Fizz. I nested the "aloha" letters into the white die cut and secured them with a bit of foam adhesive. I added a bit more around the edges before adhering that piece to the card front. I finished up by adding clear glitter to the Raspberry Fizz letters to give them a bit of sparkle!

Thank you so much for joining me today. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie S., Laurie W., and Melissa to see more of this month's release. Have a great day and I'll see you back here tomorrow with a few more projects.

Recipe:
Aloha Card
Stamps: Palm Prints, Boho Rounds - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terra Cotta Tile, Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet - Papertrey Ink
Other: Cornered Die, Palm Prints Die - Papertrey Ink; Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch

4 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

WOW, Lizzie, this is very striking! Love the colorful palms with your singled-out Aloha.

Karen said...

Fabulous card!!!

nancy said...

Loving the bright and bold colors you used, Lizzie. It's so striking.

Diana K said...

I think we know who won this round. Totally awesome. The colours! 😍😍😍