Sunday, January 15, 2017

January Release In Review

Good morning and welcome to January's Papertrey Ink Release In Review post. I have a couple of projects to share with you today, but I'll have even more for you to see in a couple of weeks so be sure to check back. In the meantime, let's get to a little inspiration, shall we?

For starters I have a birthday card made with Betsy's new Dress Up Dolls: Birthday. Our nephew is turning 6 next month, so I thought this was the opportunity to create a personalized card just for him.

Let's Party Card

I started by sponging Aqua Mist and Tropical Teal inks on a white panel. Once that was ready, I die cut it with the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash Die and adhered it to a white card base that I'd pre-sponged with Harvest Gold ink. Next, I stamped and die cut the little boy from the Dress Up Dolls: Basics set. I used Football Frenzy Additions to add a "6" to his t-shirt and I colored the figure with Copics.

Let's Party Close Up

Next, I die cut the Text Block: Party Time die from both white cardstock and Pure Poppy + White patterned paper. I used the patterned paper die cut to fill in the balloons and then adhered the assembled Text Block to the card front with foam tape. I embellished the cake's frosting with crystal glitter before adding the little boy to the card. I think Charlie is going to be tickled to get a birthday card featuring a little boy that looks so much like him!

Next up I have a card pairing Dawn's new Family Ties stamps and die with Betsy's What The Doodle: Paisley set. From the moment I saw the paisley set I knew I wanted to try and recreate a traditional red bandana look on a card.

The Best Dad Card

I began by sponging a Berry Sorbet cardstock panel with Pure Poppy and Americana inks. That gave me great depth and color variation. I ended up really saturating the cardstock with ink, so I set it aside to dry for a good long time before continuing. Once it was dry, I heat embossed the paisley patterns with white powder. I chose to do it that way (rather than using a resist technique) so the white would be nice and crisp instead of that pinkish tone you sometimes get when doing an emboss resist technique with red ink.

The Best Dad Close Up

Next, I went back in with a black fine-tip pen to add details and fill in select areas. Then, I textured that whole panel with the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate. I love the realism of that detail! I stitched around that panel, adding a sentiment flag that I'd heat embossed with one of the Family Ties sentiments. I adhered that to a white card base and added a die cut "dad" sentiment using the Family Ties For The Boys Die. I love how this turned out so, so much!

Thank you so much for joining me! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie S., Laurie W., and Melissa to see more of this month's release. See you soon!

Recipes:
Let’s Party Card
Stamps: Dress Up Dolls: Basics, Dress Up Dolls: Birthday, Football Frenzy Additions - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Pure Poppy + White Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Enchanted Evening, Dark Indigo, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Dress Up Dolls: Basics Die, Dress Up Dolls: Birthday Die, Cover Plate: Balloon Bash Die, Text Block: Party Time - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch; Markers - Copic; Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; glitter pom pom

The Best Dad Card
Stamps: Family Ties, What The Doodle: Paisley - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, True Black - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Americana - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Family Ties For The Boys Dies, Tag Sale #10 Die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Black Pen - Micron; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Thread; Xyron

9 comments:

Cindy O said...

Your bandana print is just awesome with all the details you put into it, to make it look so real. Perfect for a Dad card!

Diana K said...

That bandana print is totally outrageous and I'm in love with it. The End. ❤

Marcia Hill said...

Ditto the 1st two comments...totally in LOVE with your bandana print card!! :0)

Kathy said...

I am in love with the bandana print! Super color and fine details.

Kari D said...

The boldness of your red is so dramatic.....love it paired with the white embossing and red details.

Kathy Mc said...

Such a cute birthday card for your nephew, Lizzie! Must agree your bandana designed card is spot on, and is perfect for any guy.

nancy said...

That bandana card is incredible. Who would have thought it began with Berry Sorbet?

DIANA L. said...

Love this card great colors

DIANA L. said...

The little boy card with balloons is fabulous I was not going to get the dolls, but I may just have to after seeing this one.