Saturday, June 13, 2015

Papertrey Ink June Countdown - Day 4

Good morning, friends! Welcome back for Day 4 of the Papertrey Ink June countdown. Today is all about birthday celebrations and Nichole and the team have some fabulous inspiration for you today. I'm sharing more of my new Hooray stamp set, the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash, and the Favor It: Cupcake Box die, so let's get to it!

Here is the first of two ensembles I have to share with you today.

Hooray Ensemble

I started with the card. I wanted to try my hand at using the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash as a stencil, so that's exactly what I did here.

Hooray Card

I mixed a tiny, tiny bit of Perfect Pearls into translucent embossing paste to give it a very slight pearly finish and applied it to a piece of Hooray patterned paper through the stencil. I love that it looks like confetti and the texture is fantastic.

Hooray Close Up

Once that was dry, I stamped the sentiment below the pre-printed "Hooray!" and trimmed down the panel a smidge. I matted that piece with New Leaf patterned paper and added Small Sketched Stars shapes that I'd cut from Summer Sunrise shimmer cardstock. That whole piece was mounted to a white card base with foam tape.

Next, I created the coordinating cupcake box.

Hooray Cupcake Box

I used the Enchanted Evening box that I'd assembled in yesterday's video (waste not, want not). I wrapped a length of New Leaf Saddle Stitched ribbon around the box and secured the seam with ScorTape. I then die cut a medallion from white cardstock and stamped it with the Hooray sentiment. I added more star die cuts and adhered it to the ribbon around the box. So simple, but so cute!

My next ensemble would be perfect for a small group birthday (like at an office, for example).

Group Birthday Ensemble

I began this time with the festive cupcake box.

Streamers & Confetti Cupcake Box

I die cut the box from white cardstock and stamped the top "petals" with the confetti from Heather's new Good Times stamp set. I inked with Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, and Summer Sunrise to give the confetti tons of dimension. Then, I stamped my streamers on the bottom portion of the box using Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist, and Limeade Ice inks. Isn't it fun?!

Here's the coordinating card. It's a petite size (4 7/8" x 3 1/2") that looks totally charming alongside the cupcake box.

Group Birthday Card

I used the same inks to add the confetti to the top of the card. Then, I added my streamers, making sure to keep them even across the width of the card. I stamped my primary sentiment in Aqua Mist and then added the companion sentiment in Tropical Teal, allowing the two to overlap a bit.

Group Birthday Close Up

I punched small half circles in the sides of the card front and wrapped it with a few rounds of white crochet thread, tied in a bow. The cut-outs keep the thread secure while also serving as a sweet little detail. It's certainly a cheerful ensemble, wouldn't you say?

Ok, friends. That's all for me today. Check in with Nichole, AmyAshley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa, Erin, and Lexi to see how they're celebrating with the new birthday products. See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Hooray Ensemble
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Hooray Patterned Paper Collection (available June 15th), New Leaf Stripe Patterned Paper, Enchanted Evening Bitty Dot Patterned Paper, Summer Sunrise Shimmer - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink
Other: Favor It: Cupcake Box Die (available June 15th), Cover Plate: Balloon Bash (available June 15th), Small Sketched Stars Die, First Place Die Collection, New Leaf Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink

Group Birthday Ensemble
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Good Times (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Limeade Ice, Tropical Teal, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Favor It: Cupcake Box Die (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Hole Punch; White Crochet Thread

5 comments:

Cindy H. said...

So cool that you used the Coverplate: Balloon Bash as a stencil - great idea and I love the results! Beautiful cards and those cupcake packages are so adorable!

jan metcalf said...

I like the masculine look of the Hooray cupcake box!

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulously fun projects. Love the masculine look.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Somebody thought of the men in our lives......HOORAY!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

Leslie S. said...

Ooh - very well done! Love them!!