Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Introducing The Hooray Stamp Set & Paper Collection, Text Block: Horizontal Birthday Die, Cover Plate: Balloon Bash, and Balloon Strings Die

Welcome to the first day of the Papertrey Ink June new release countdown (these new products will be available starting June 15th). Oh, boy! You all are in for a treat this month! I have so much to share with all of you over the coming days. I'm introducing most of it this morning, but it wouldn't be any fun to give away everything on Day 1, so I'm going to keep a surprise up my sleeve for later. Today though I'm introducing you to the Hooray Stamp Set & Paper Collection, Text Block: Horizontal Birthday Die, Cover Plate: Balloon Bash, and Balloon Strings Die. What?! I know! Let's get to some projects so you can see all of these new goodies in action.

I'm starting today with a bright and cheerful birthday card that features the new Text Block: Horizontal Birthday Die, Hooray Stamp Set, and Balloon Strings Die.

Wish Big Card

I began by stamping the streamers from Hooray onto a Fresh Snow linen card base using Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, and Orange Zest inks. Then, I xyroned a piece of Hawaiian Shores cardstock and die cut that with the new Text Block die. I adhered that shape to a piece of Clear Cardstock and mounted it to the card front with foam tape.

Wish Big Close Up

Next, I die cut and stamped one of the balloons from Balloon Bash using Orange Zest ink. I die cut one of the new Balloon Strings shapes from Linen Vellum and adhered it to the back of the balloon. Then, I used foam tape to mount the balloon to the card front, leaving the string largely unattached. I added a vellum bow to the balloon (also from the Balloon Strings Die) along with a self adhesive pearl. A simple sprinkling of clear sequins was the perfect finishing touch.

Now, let's get a peek at that new Hooray Paper Collection. Better yet, let's pair it with the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash and the Hooray Stamp Set!

Time To Celebrate

I started this card by adhering one of the sheets of patterned paper to a white card base. There are three color variations in this paper collection, so you'll have an option for just about anyone! Next, I die cut the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash from vellum and heat embossed it with one of the sentiments from Hooray. I wanted to add a touch of sparkle, so I dragged the edges of my vellum panel through a little glue and then sprinkled on iridescent glitter. The result is absolutely fabulous!

Time To Celebrate Close Up

Next, I die cut a few of the Balloon Bash balloons and rock 'n roll stamped them with colors that coordinate with the patterned paper (Harvest Gold/Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz/Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest/Summer Sunrise). This Cover Plate has star details that coordinate with the stars from Balloon Bash, so I used the star balloons here, but any of the designs would pair beautifully. I adhered the balloons to the vellum using flat and foam adhesives and then used the covered areas to hide the adhesive attaching it to the card front. I like how the vellum layer flutters a bit around the edges. I finished the card with a few glitter embellishments on the balloons to tie the whole thing together. It's certainly celebratory, no?

I have one last card for you today. This one uses one of the other papers along with Hooray Stamp Set and the Balloon Strings Die.

New Age Card

I began by stamping an Aqua Mist card front with Polka Dot Basics in Fresh Snow ink. Then, I die cut the patterned paper using the Tipped Tops die. I heat embossed my sentiment onto those two pieces and adhered the streamer panel to the card front with foam tape. Next, I stamped a few colored cardstocks with patterns from Bitty Background Blocks II and xyroned them, patterned side down. I die cut those pieces of cardstock using the Birthday Style die and then exposed the adhesive to glitter the entire face of each balloon. That toned down the patterns and made them much more subtle (if something completely covered in glitter can be considered subtle).

New Age Close Up

I arranged the balloons on the card front, tucking one of them under the patterned paper panel. I adhered the vellum balloon strings just to the underside of the balloons, so they're light and loose on the card front. It's a very girly card with a fun message. Every time I hear someone my age or younger complain about their age, it makes me roll my eyes. Let's all embrace our ages!

That's all for me today, friends! Check back in tomorrow to see more of this month's new products. In the meantime, Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Maile, Melissa, Erin and Lexi all have projects to share with you today. See you soon!

Recipes:
Wish Big Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Balloon Bash - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Hawaiian Shores, Clear Cardstock, Linen Vellum - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, Orange Zest - Papertrey Ink
Other: Text Block: Horizontal Birthday (available June 15th), Balloon Strings Die (available June 15th), Balloon Bash Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Self-adhesive Pearl - Mark Richards; Clear Sequins; Xyron

Time To Celebrate Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Balloon Bash - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vellum, Hooray Patterned Paper Collection (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Raspberry Fizz, Hibiscus Burst, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; VesaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Cover Plate: Balloon Bash (available June 15th), Balloon Bash Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Sugar Cube Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glue Pen

New Age Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Bitty Background Blocks II, Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Hooray Patterned Paper Collection (available June 15th), Aqua Mist, Vellum, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Fresh Snow, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Balloon Strings Die (available June 15th), Birthday Style Die, Tipped Tops Die - Papertrey Ink; Sugar Cube Fine Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Foam Tape - Scotch; Liquid Platinum Embossing Powder - Ranger; xyron

21 comments:

Birgit said...

I just love the streamers! What a fun addition to some of the other party banners and goodies that hang from the ceiling. So festive and fun, these are sure to be a big hit!

Anonymous said...

I love birthday goodies! These cards are so much fun!

Michelle said...

Wow.... fabulous projects! Love it all and realize that, at just Day 1, I am in big trouble!

Marybeth said...

Love all your balloon cards!

Susan Gosman said...

Love the text blocks and the balloons and . . . .well, love it all!

Vicki said...

I've been looking for the perfect balloon die and guess what? I've found it. Really nice projects. I love the extra touch of glitter on the vellum edges. Genius!

Diana K said...

And it's only Day 1?! Beautiful birthday cards, Lizzie. Love them all!

Cheryl said...

those streamers are so cool!

Tammy said...

Lizzie, STOP!!! This is ONLY Day 1 and I want EVERYTHING you just posted. Yikes!! Loving these new products and you totally rocked it with your awesome projects!! Adorbs! All of them!

Gina said...

Lizzie! I love all the birthday goodies you have for us! The paper, the streamers, the cover plate (ack! the COVER PLATE!!!!!)...fantasticalness!!! Love it all.

Joan V said...

Great birthday cards. I love all those streamers and balloons.

Anonymous said...

I forgot to comment on your glitter edged vellum. Wow!

Cindy H. said...

There's a party goin' on!! Beautiful cards, Lizzie!

Kathy Krug said...

Love all the creations you made. Fabulous designs.

Leslie S. said...

Love - it -all!! And I want - it - all!! Thank you for the great inspiration!!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

GORGEOUS CARDS!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

MTPatB said...

I love the streamer stamp--perfect replication of crepe paper.

Jennifer L. said...

Wow - so many great cards! The horizontal text die and the streamers set are both fantastic.

see mary stamp said...

The streamer set is so much fun!

nancy said...

You've been busy, Lizzie. The mix of fonts you chose for Hooray is fabulous.

Jill Norwood said...

Love EVERYTHING!!!!! Gorgeous cards!!!!!!! So excited for the balloon strings!!!