Friday, June 12, 2015

Papertrey Ink June Countdown - Day 3

Good morning, friends, and welcome back for Day 3 of this month's Papertrey Ink countdown! I have more to share with you today featuring the new Hooray stamp set, Cover Plate: Balloon Bash, and one more thing I've been keeping under my hat. I mentioned on Day 1 that I was holding out on you for a couple of days and here's the surprise...the Favor It: Cupcake Box Die! I have a sample to share along with a very simple assembly tutorial for all of you visual learners. Let's get started!

I wanted to play around with the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash and see what occasions, aside from birthday, would be well suited for this die. I thought it might be fun to give the 4th of July a spin.

Celebrate Card

I began by die cutting the Cover Plate from Spring Rain cardstock and polka dot vellum. I adhered the blue panel to a white card base and stamped the fireworks and sentiment directly onto the vellum. I used vellum tape in a few choice places to adhere the vellum to the Spring Rain panel.

Celebrate Card Close Up

Next, I stamped and fussy cut the rockets and adhered them to the card front with foam tape. I adhered small stars to the fireworks and embellished those with glitter. The rocket fuses were also embellished with tiny glittered pearls. A bit of baker's twine finished the card off nicely.

Next came the cupcake box! You can see the assembly tutorial below.



Who doesn't love a sweet treat on a celebratory day? This box is perfectly sized for your typical homemade cupcake, but it is also fantastic for other goodies as well. I've filled today's box with patriotic candies.

Celebrate Box

I die cut the box from the same polka dot vellum I had used on the card front. I went over the score lines to make sure it would fold nicely and then assembled as normal.

Celebrate Box Side

I didn't worry about the adhesive showing too much, though you could use washi tape on the outside if the visible adhesive makes you twitch.

Celebrate Box Top

I created a little tag using one of the Keep It Simple Frames. I stamped it with the sentiment from Hooray and one of the fireworks from Red, White & Blue. Then, I embellished the tag with a Bitty Button Stacks button cut from Soft Stone patterned paper and a star button from the Design-A-Softie kit. I used navy blue baker's twine to secure the tag to the box. It's simple, but oh-so-cute!

Alrighty, all! That's it for me today. Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Laura, Laurie, Maile, Melissa, Erin, and Lexi to see what they have up their sleeves today. I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Celebrate Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Red, White & Blue - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Spring Rain, Sheer Basics Vellum, Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky - Papertrey Ink
Other: Cover Plate: Balloon Bash (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Vellum Tape, Foam Tape - Scotch; Sugar Cube Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Cherry Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; Clear Embossing Powder - Filigree; Glittered Pearls - Mark Richards

Celebrate Treat Box
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Red, White & Blue - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Sheer Basics Vellum, Soft Stone Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink
Other: Favor It: Cupcake Box (available June 15th), Bitty Button Stacks Die, Keep It Simple Frames Die, Star Button - Papertrey Ink; Blueberry Baker's Twine - Divine Twine; ScorTape

6 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Love your fireworks card - very clever! The cupcake box is just too adorable and your video tape had nice clear instructions for putting it together.

keysha said...

Super cute card and favor box!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love your fireworks card. Just sings celebration.

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Both card and box.......SWEET!!!!!!!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

MTPatB said...

Love the fireworks--they turned out so nice. And the cupcake box or treat box is great. Fun, fun, fun!

Leslie S. said...

Your card is gorgeous and the cupcake box is just too adorable-can't wait to buy that die!!