Thursday, June 11, 2015

Papertrey Ink June Countdown - Day 2

Good morning, friends! Welcome back for Day 2 of the Papertrey Ink new release countdown. I'm so happy to hear that you're all as excited as I am about these new stamps and dies. They really are a treat to use. I have a couple of additional projects to share with you today, so let's get to it!

My first card is a little more on the masculine side. Manly cards can be on the tricky side for so many of us, so I thought I'd challenge myself to come up with something for the fellas. I paired the new Text Block: Horizontal Birthday Die with the Hooray stamp set and it couldn't have been easier.

A Year Better Card

I began by stamping the streamers in a diagonal pattern onto Rustic White cardstock with Terra Cotta Tile, Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, and Harvest Gold inks (I masked off the edges to keep them clean). Next, I stamped a panel of Terra Cotta Tile cardstock with the tiny star background from Bitty Background Blocks II. I xyroned that panel and then die cut it with the Text Block: Horizontal Birthday Die, making sure to keep track of all of the pieces. I heat embossed the sentiment, also from Hooray, onto the outer frame of the panel and then added a piece of clear cardstock to the back.

A Year Better Close Up

From there, I used the Text Block as a template to adhere all of the negatives into the window in the cardstock frame. When I was done adhering all of the inner bits, I removed the Text Block shape. From there, I simply adhered that panel to the card front with foam tape. It's a fun feature to be able to see the streamers coming through where the words from the Text Block would have been! You could make this same design in girly colors for a clean and simple take on a more feminine project, too.

My next card today is a birthday card for a one year old using the Cover Plate: Balloon Bash die. You can make just about any simple shape into a balloon using this Cover Plate. So fun!

Hip, Hip, Hooray Card

I began by very lightly impressing the Cover Plate into a white card base. I did this by using just one embossing mat in my sandwich instead of the two together. I used an assortment of Copics to color in the dot and star impressions. Next, I die cut a Cover Plate: Balloon Bash shape from Aqua Mist cardstock and adhered it to the card front with foam tape. I stamped my sentiment onto a Get A Handle On It banner shape and gave it a little wave before adhering it to the Aqua Mist layer.

Hip, Hip, Hooray Close Up

Then, I die cut three stars from Hawaiian Shores, Winter Wisteria, and Berry Sorbet patterned papers. I used the Polka Dot Alphabet dies to cut a "1" from the Hawaiian Shores star and topped all three with custom epoxy embellishments that I made using Heather's awesome tutorial (I seriously love this technique and use it all the time). Finally, I added the stars to the stitched balloon strings using flat and foam adhesives. Isn't it cute?!

Well, that's all for me today. Thank you so much for popping by to see what I'd created with this month's new releases! I'll have more for you tomorrow, but in the meantime make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Maile, Erin and Lexi for more of this month's release. See you soon!

Recipes:
A Year Better Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th), Bitty Background Blocks II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Terra Cotta Tile, Rustic White, Clear - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Terra Cotta Tile, Blueberry Sky, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Text Block: Horizontal Birthday (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; xyron

Hip, Hip, Hooray Card
Stamps: Hooray (available June 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Winter Wisteria, Berry Sorbet Patterned Paper, Clear - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink
Other: Cover Plate: Balloon Bash (available June 15th), Tremendous Treats Halloween Die Collection (the star), Get A Handle On It Die Collection, Polka Dot Alphabet Die - Papertrey Ink; Markers - Copic; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glossy Accents - Ranger; xyron

9 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Love both of your cards, Lizzie! Love how you used the Text Block negative shapes on the masculine card with a glimpse of the streamers - perfect! The second card looks like it is so fun to make ...and get!

keysha said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I really love that first card!!! I think I will have to get that new text block die!!!

Anonymous said...

Lizzie, girl....you make me need.it.all! Yep, NEED!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Lizzie,

Your creativity is OUT OF BOUNDS, LOVE your cards!!!

Cariños.
María Alba

Kathy Krug said...

Love the finish on your stars.

MTPatB said...

Lizzie, you are very good at detail work. The little negative pieces in the "Wish Big on Your Birthday" die cut look great! I also like the streamer background. Thank you for sharing your creativity.

Joan V said...

Darling cards.

nancy said...

Today, I'm drawn in by the cover plate. Do you think there is a way to omit debossing the balloon strings? I've been thinking that the stars and circles would work for an evening setting, maybe for Summer Camp. I need my crafting supplies to perform multiple duties these days.

Susan Gosman said...

Absolutely lovely!