Saturday, March 7, 2009

Long Time No See

I've been working on some cards for a local place. I'll divulge a little more info later, but suffice it to say that project has been my priority over the past few days and I just haven't been making things to share. I needed a little break, so I looked up Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration Challenge this week and tried my hand.



Now, I rarely use these colors, but I figured I could come up with a little something. I went the wedding route with this card.



I started by cutting a piece of lighter brown cardstock and stamping it with the eyelet pattern from Background Basics: Retro. I used iridescent fabric paint to dot the itty bitty circles in that pattern. While that was drying, I used a new EK Success border punch to create the pink scalloped trim. The Sweet Blush twill was tied around the brown layer and the pink trim was adhered to the back. That entire piece was then mounted to a white card base.



The dress was created by punching the shape from a piece of Bazzill Bling cardstock and adding some pink vellum trim. I used that same fabric paint to add the details to the waistline and hem. When the paint had dried on the dress I mounted it with foam tape to an oval of brown cardstock that had been sponged with Frost White ink. That was then adhered to the lighter brown layer and the card was finished by stamping the sentiment in the lower right hand corner. Hope you liked today's card. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Diamond (Bling), Brown, Light Brown, Pink - Bazzill; Ultimate White - Strathmore; Pink Vellum - Unknown
Stamps: Background Basics: Retro, Simple Little Things (Anniversary Set) - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox
Ribbon: Sweet Blush Twill - Papertrey Ink
Tools: Dotted Scallops Border Punch - EK Success; Oval Punch (pink) - Marvy, Dress Punch - Paper Shapers (EK Success)
Other: Iridescent White Mist Fabric Paint - Duncan; Foam Tape - Scotch

10 comments:

Natasha said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, love the fine scalloped bottom and the strip of the background image. Beautiful!

Winter said...

Pretty! Very elegant!

Unknown said...

VERY pretty - love the simple elegance of it!

Kim said...

Very sweet - I love the pink and brown!

Karen said...

Simply elegant! Love the retro background stamped down the center!! :>:>

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card!

BethieJ said...

Oh your card is LOVELY!!! I love that retro set... it worked great on the card!!!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, I love those comments! (I came here from your comment on PW's proposal entry - it made me laugh!) :)

Courtney Baker said...

Cute card. I need to get to work on this week's challenge.

Cheryl said...

Oh, this is just beautiful.