Friday, March 13, 2009

Crafting and Hockey Come Together

Boy: Would you make (Insert name of recently injured Blue Jackets player here.) a get well card if I can find his address in the white pages?

Girl: Seriously?

Boy: Yes.

Girl: I suppose so. (The Girl is totally thinking that there is no way a professional hockey player has a publicly listed phone number and address; therefore, there is no way she is going to have to make a greeting card for said hockey player. Right?)

Boy: Great. (A few moments of clickety clicking on the white pages.) Here's his address would you like me to write it down for you?

Girl: You're kidding. (Wrong. Way wrong.)

Boy: Nope. Could you do it by Saturday so I can pop it in the mail? Or is that too soon? Will you use the team colors?

Girl: (Still stunned.) No, Saturday's fine, but I'm using whatever color scheme I want.

Boy: Ok. Thanks, Cookie.

Girl: My pleasure.

You can't make this stuff up, people.  You just can't.

No comments: