Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kristina Werner Color Inspiration #43

I have wanted to participate in Kristina Werner's color challenges for some time now, but just never found the opportunity. This week I wanted to make sure I got the chance to join in the fun. I don't have the Stampin' Up colors that Ms. Werner references, but I tried to get as close as I could with what I had on hand.



Here's my card using the colors from the Color Inspiration swatches.



I started with piece of green Bazzill cardstock. I flipped it to its "wrong" side and stamped one of the polka dots from Polka Dot Basics in Burnt Umber ink. I used a scalloped punch to give the green cardstock a decorative edge and wrapped it with Summer Sunrise twill ribbon before mounting it to a piece of white cardstock with red edges (achieved by dragging the cardstock along my Pure Poppy ink pad). I mounted that piece to a blue Bazzill base and set it aside.

Then I started thinking about the focal image. I stamped the open line branch from Rustic Branches onto white cardstock (also with red edges) in Landscape ink. The Beyond Basic Borders sentiment was then stamped using Burnt Umber ink. I took a blue button and threaded it with red embroidery floss and attached it to the image with red line tape. Finally, I mounted the focal image to the green layer using foam tape.

I had a lot of fun with this color inspiration. Hope you enjoyed the card! Take care...

Recipe:
Cardstock: Ultimate White - Strathmore; Blue, Green - Bazzill Basics
Stamps: Polka Dot Basics, Beyond Basic Borders, Rustic Branches - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Landscape, Burnt Umber - Palette; Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink
Ribbon: Summer Sunrise Twill - Papertrey Ink
Tools: Scalloped Border Punch - EK Success
Other: Red Embroidery Floss - DMC; Foam Tape - Scotch; Button

9 comments:

{PurpleD} said...

It's so beautiful and simple!

Winter said...

Very pretty!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so simple and lovely! You've put Kristina's colors together beautifully! :D

Kim said...

So cute! Simple cards are deceptively hard to do well, but this one is adorable!

Babies-Beth said...

Nice one, Lizzie! Very sweet and whimsical!

Anonymous said...

hey Lizzie this is awesome! So simple and fun~Donna

Angela said...

Very pretty. Love the button flower.

Anonymous said...

Simple and adorable! Congrats on Kristina's top 25!!

Saxo Stamper said...

oh this really is so pretty - it's my style too - really nice job.

K