Friday, October 25, 2019

Festive Friday - Shaped Tree Tags

Festive Friday Banner

Good morning, friends! Thank you for joining me for another Festive Friday! If you've spent any time around here you may have noticed that I love a shaped tag. So today, I thought I would pair a new set I picked up from Altenew called Festive Foliage with the Speed Tagging Christmas Sentiments from The Greetery to create a fun trio of cheerful Christmas trees.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_FestiveFoliageShapedTreeTags

I used Spruce and Seafoam inks to stamp the tree foliage. I love that you can opt for a two step version or a single step version with this set from Altenew! I wanted the heart to have a presence, but I didn't want it to be too strong (and potentially obscure my sentiment) so I chose to very lightly sponge It's A Girl ink around the edge of the solid heart image before stamping it into place. The result is a really lovely, barely-there halo that I'm totally digging.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_FestiveFoliageShapedTreeTags2

Then, I stamped the sentiment from The Greetery's set atop the heart and added a die cut bow (also from the Speed Tagging Christmas Sentiments set). I embellished each bow with a tiny red rhinestone and then glittered a few of the dots in the foliage with silver glitter. I just did the dots randomly and I like that it doesn't look too planned out, but it adds a nice touch of sparkle.

LizzieJones_FestiveFriday_FestiveFoliageShapedTreeTags3

You could simply stamp the "To:" and "From:" on the back, but I chose to make these folded tags. All you have to do is prefold your cardstock and die cut with about 3/4" of the top of the die hanging over the edge. Easy! I stamped the insides with the "To:" and "From:" from The Greetery's set and then adhered them to the fronts. A little white crochet thread finished things off nicely.

Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope you're enjoying this little series of mine. Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:
Shaped Tree Tags

2 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Lizzie...absolutely in LOVE with these tree tags and think I might NEED this set too (even though I still haven't made any stocking tags yet!)!! I just love the two tone green and folksy feel to these trees and the heart is just the perfect addition! I'm still lovin your Friday feature, so keep em coming! I may be broke by the end, but I'll be happy!! Have a great weekend!! :0)

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I’m finally finding some surfing time and SO glad I did. I need to post your Festive Friday’s on my calendar. Your tags are brilliantly designed! It’s amazing how you vision such gorgeous designs; I love everything about your BEAUTIFUL tags! Congratulations too, on winning the Pink Fresh cubes. I LOVE adding new colors to my ink stash and I recently added some new Altenew colors.( I’m trying, with a Capital C to make my own color wheel). Anyway, I hope your remodeling has gone well and you are too! See ya soon! 😊