Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Moments Inked Details



Good morning, Papertrey Ink fans, and welcome to the final April countdown day! Today I have the great pleasure of showcasing some of this month's Moments Inked additions. The Moments Inked line just keeps getting better and better! Each month there's something fresh and fabulous that makes my planner even more practical...and pretty too! I'm so happy to have an easy way to keep my favorite pens close at hand and the new Edged dies are already an essential that I can't seem to put away!


I began by creating a pencil pouch to keep my pen, eraser, and a pencil at the ready. This new die by Erin Lincoln is totally amazing! She has videos on the Papertrey Ink Youtube Channel showing you so many different ways to assemble your pouch. I used the trim die to create a contrasting edge and embellished my little snap covers with tiny flowers from the Quick Stitch: Sewing Staples kit.


I had a tough time finding the Basic Grey magnets locally, so I went a slightly different route, using mini magnetic purse snaps instead. These are the 14mm size (not the standard 18mm size) and they fit perfectly! I followed this video tutorial on YouTube and it truly couldn't have been easier. It was a different brand, but that didn't seem to matter. 


The inside is roomy enough to carry a few choice writing instruments or accessories you might find handy (paper clips, lip balm, hair ties, etc). I used basic white elastic to secure my pencil pouch to my planner. So easy and it looks nice, too!

Another of my favorite Moments Inked accessories coming out this month is the new Moments Inked: Edged die. You may have already noticed that I used it to insert my niece's birthday party invitation in with my party planning lists (HERE in case you missed it). Today I'm using the perforated edge die to create a mini calling card notebook to keep in my planner.


I learned last week that the moment you start tearing up the neighborhood (by putting in a new gas line) all of your new neighbors suddenly want to make your acquaintance. Ha! As a result I've been caught unprepared several times by very nice folks who would like to say hello and gather contact information. I figured, since my planner is often nearby, I could make a tiny notebook that would make handing out names, phone numbers, and email addresses a little easier.


I began by trimming out about 15 little business card-sized (2" x 3 1/2") pieces of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I figured that was a good size because it would fit in most wallets easily. I ran each one through my die cut machine with the new Moments Inked: Edged perforated edge die (I used the edge of the die as a guide to make sure they were all the same) and stamped them with assorted images from Seeds of Knowledge (available April 15th), just to give them a little color.


Then I assembled my notepad by adding layers of Scor-tape between each card, taking care to keep the adhesive to the outside edge of the perforated line. I repeated that until I had everything stuck together and then added a chipboard backing under the bottom card.


That chipboard piece then slides into the pocket (I made one just for collecting neighbor info and put it in the back of my planner with the "important contacts." I shortened it by a few holes so the "important contacts" heading would still be visible.) and the cards hang on the outside, unencumbered.


When I need to use a card, I can simply fold along the perforated edge and tear it right off. I can also use these little cards for notes or other little tidbits since they're such an easy thing to recreate and replace when these are used up.


See, it's the perfect place for a blog address (which I get asked about fairly regularly and never have a great place to write it down - now I do!). I'm sure to have fun discovering new ways to use this month's additions to the Moments Inked line! I hope you are too!



I have one last thing to share before I wander off on you today. There's another terrific Quick Stitch kit coming at you on May 1st! Erin has really outdone herself with this newest Quick Stitch kit. These softies are just simply the cutest! There are so many options to customize these little guys; from expressions to accessories and beyond. I can't wait to create a whole herd of adorable stuffed critters!


Make sure to pop over to Nichole's blog for a few more sneak peeks! I'll have additional projects to share with you in just a couple of weeks. See you then!

Recipes:
Felt Pencil Pouch
Dies: Pencil Pouch (available April 15th), Pencil Pouch Trim (available April 15th), Sewing Staples: Floral Cluster Die Collection - Papertrey Ink
Other: Mini Magnetic Purse Snaps - Everything Mary (found at JoAnn's in the teenager purse design aisle); Floss Colors 504, 742, pure white - DMC; White Fold-over Elastic - Dritz

Calling Card Booklet
Stamps: Seeds Of Knowledge (available April 15th) - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Summer Sunrise Polka Dot - Papertrey Ink; chipboard
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: Moments Inked: Edged Die (available April 15th), Moments Inked: Pocket Page Die - Papertrey Ink; Scor-tape

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Oh my gosh I love your idea of the little tear away contact pad ...way to cute! Love your pencil pouch and sweet felt animal too!