Monday, April 27, 2015

Make It Monday: Using Vellum To Soften Patterns

Good morning, friends! I have the pleasure of presenting another Papertrey Ink Make It Monday video for you this week and this time around I'm playing with vellum!


I love the versatility of vellum and I'm particularly fond of using it to soften background patterns, be they stamped or printed (as in patterned paper). I also wanted to share a few of my favorite ways to attach vellum so that you don't have to worry about visible adhesive. That's a question I've seen floating around the Papertrey Ink forum lately so I thought my tips might be helpful to someone. You can watch the video below for the techniques and supply lists and then head over to Nichole Heady's blog to link up your own project.


I share three different cards in the video with varying vellum coverage. The first one uses all-over coverage to soften a whole card front. I used special vellum tape to secure the vellum on this card.


The second uses a layer of vellum only behind a Text Block to allow the sentiment to pop, but give the pattern the space to shine around the edges. I hid my adhesive under the border of the die cut shape to attach the vellum to this card.


The third uses just a flag of vellum to give the sentiment a place to live while leaving the background pattern largely unobscured. Stitching was the method for attaching my sentiment flag on this card.


I hope you enjoy the video and play along with the challenge this week. It's a fun one! Have a great week and I'll see you all again soon!

4 comments:

DIANA L. said...

This is such a great way to cover the bold designs I love it.
Thank you for the great video and wonderful tutorial Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Lani said...

Really enjoyed your Make It Monday! Great ideas.

Kate said...

Such gorgeous cards. I am definitely going to have a got at these techniques. Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

You "did good"!