Saturday, August 10, 2013

Introducing The Tiny Take Out Box & The Rustic Burlap Impression Plate

Good morning, Friends, and welcome to the first day of the Papertrey Ink August Release Countdown! I actually don't have any stamps to share with you this month, but I do have a couple of great new items that I'm excited to share. I'll be bringing you projects featuring the Rustic Burlap Impression Plate and the Tiny Take Out Box Die for the next several days. I can't wait to show you what I've been up to! Let's get going, shall we?

First up I have a pretty little birthday ensemble that includes a coordinating gift, card, and packaging.


I started by die cutting the Tiny Take Out Box shape from a piece of Harvest Gold patterned paper. This box goes together so easily! A few small strips of tape and you're good to go. I embellished my box with a band of Simply Chartreuse saddle-stitched ribbon and a die cut felt flower. The leaf is a die shape from the Happiness In Bloom Die Collection that I stamped with a sentiment from Friendship Jar. A small Harvest Gold button rounds out the details of the box.


Next, I made the barrettes. I die cut the parts from Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold, and Vintage Cream felt and stitched them together in a jif. I was so excited when I discovered the barrettes fit perfectly into the box (at an angle)! The box may seem small, but it will hold all sorts of wonderful things; about 1/2 cup of candy, lip balm, craft items...so many great options (I'll be sharing a few more of them with you in the next few days).

I knew I wanted a card to coordinate with my gift, so I set about creating one.


I started by stamping my leaves and sentiment onto a piece of white cardstock and stitching on a felt flower. Next I die cut a piece of Simply Chartreuse cardstock with the small scalloped border die and gave it some texture with the new Rustic Burlap Impression Plate.


I adhered the white piece to the textured border piece and tied the panel with a bit of baker's twine. I mounted that focal piece to a card base with a bit of foam tape. Cute, easy, and it makes a lovely package.

My second project today is an Autumnal thank you card.


I started by texturing the front of my card base with the new Rustic Burlap Impression Plate. While true burlap is fabulous, this plate is a nice (flat, bulk-less) alternative to using actual thing. Next, I stamped my tree and sentiment onto Rustic White cardstock using a combination of Dark Chocolate, Canyon Clay, and Terracotta Tile inks. I used the Rick & Roll technique on the leaves to give them extra depth (I inked the Canyon Clay first and then just rolled the Terracotta Tile on the edges).


Next, I created a grassy, rolling hill by using the In The Meadow snowdrift die with Ripe Avocado cardstock. I stamped the woodgrain pattern with watermark ink to look like grass. I gave my card base a saddle-stitched ribbon/twine treatment and mounted my focal point pieces to the base using foam tape. Another super-simple card completed.

Thank you for checking in with me today! I have plenty more to share with you in the coming days, so be sure to check back. In the meantime make sure to check in with NicholeBetsyCristinaDawnErinHeather, Maile, and Melissa for even more inspiration. See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
Birthday Barrette Ensemble
Stamps: Signature Greetings II, Friendship Jar, Turning A New Leaf - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Simply Chartreuse, Spring Moss, Harvest Gold Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Simply Chartreuse - Papertrey Ink
Other: Tiny Take Out Box Die, Rustic Burlap Impression Plate, Harvest Gold Felt, Simply Chartreuse Felt, Vintage Cream Felt, Beautiful Blooms II #3 Die Collection, Small Scalloped Border Die, Clever Barrette Cover Die, Happiness In Bloom Die Collection, Bigger Blooms Die Collection, Harvest Gold Buttons, White Buttons, Simply Chartreuse saddle-stitched ribbon - Papertrey Ink; embroidery floss - DMC; foam tape - Scotch

Give Thanks Card
Stamps: Falling Leaves, Background Basics Woodgrain - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Kraft, Ripe Avocado, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Terracotta Tile, Canyon Clay, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Rustic Burlap Impression Plate, In The Meadow Die Collection, Canyon Clay saddle-stitched ribbon, Rustic Jute Button Twine - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

19 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Great projects, Lizzie!

LEG Studios said...

Totally gorgeous projects, Lizzy! Love the gift ensemble ... pure perfection!

Jennifer K said...

Awesome projects, Lizzie. I'm in love with the little bitty box. So cute!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautiful set, and lovely colours on all your projects :)

Diana K said...

Hey, Lizzie - love the take out box and the impression plate. Boxes are always my downfall, and this one is the very sweetest. Beautiful projects.

Susan Gosman said...

Oh my! They are just beautiful!

Deirdre said...

Really love your set Lizzie - so fresh and so, so cute :-)

Anonymous said...

The tiny take out box is just the right size for gifts of jewelry. Genius! And I love your card with the fall leaves!

Stacy Simpson said...

Love how you created the grass in the tree card - can't wait to try it!

MaryBeth said...

Beautiful gift ensemble, and loving the gift box! Great projects! TFS

obee said...

Love both of the cards... though that little box is just calling to me!

StephH said...

Hey Lizzie, great projects. I'm loving the Burlap IP. Just wondering, what is the "Rick & Roll" technique? Wondering if Rick invented some new stamping technique?!! Lol!

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable projects, love the new take out box you designed!!

Taunya Butler said...

Love this - all of it - so stinking cute!!!

Juanita B said...

Both of your projects are fabulous! I am so totally in LOVE with the barrettes, card and gift box. Using the Burlap Impression Plate gives the second card so much texture. Your colors are fantastic and your style is so refreshing. TFS.

Juanita in Col. OH

Jill Norwood said...

Lizzie these are both lovely! I especially like the tree scene you created as I am looking forward to the cooler weather! Love how you placed the embossing on 2/3rds of the background - very eye-catching! I need to try this! :)

Pat Gasko said...

Oooooh great idea with the Birthday card, box and barrets as a gift. Cool

merryf said...

Lizzie, these are gorgeous. I never thought to use the PP as a base layer -- thank you so much for the idea! And I LOVE the burlap IP. That's definitely my style!

Randi said...

The Tiny Take Out Box is awesome:-) I've seen it up close and personal!