Sunday, February 10, 2013

Introducing Fanciful Finials

Good morning! Today is the first day of new stamp introductions for the February Papertrey Ink release. Before I get started I need to take a moment to thank all of you that have left such kind and thoughtful notes for me the past few days. Y'all really know how to make a girl feel like she's doing a few things right! I totally appreciate your enthusiasm and I'm so excited to be working with Papertrey and the entire community. Yay!

Well, this month I am introducing and showcasing a little add-on set I'm calling Fanciful Finials (available on February 15th). This set includes four finial designs in two heights (long stems and short stems) that will allow you to embellish your Background Basics: Wrought Iron fences. Shall we get started? Great!


My card today showcases the more intricate wrought iron strip along with one of the finial styles. I'm using both stem lengths here, so you can see how much interest the variance adds. I started by stamping my fence and then added my finials with just a few quick impressions. The finials are in strips of three to make stamping them super quick and easy to line up.

I added my birds and layered on a sentiment strip. The focal image was tied with 1/4" silk ribbon that I dyed with a Copic marker (R29). I added a few clouds and mounted my focal panel to an Aqua Mist base.


That's all for me today, but I'll be back again tomorrow with another project highlighting Fanciful Finials. In the meantime make sure to check in with Nichole, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, Maile, Erin, and Melissa. They're sure to have tons of inspiration for you to enjoy. See you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fanciful Finials (available February 15th), Through The Trees, Fillable Frames Sentiments, Background Basics: Wrought Iron - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Soft Stone, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black, Aqua Mist - Papertrey Ink
Other: 1/4" silk ribbon, Cloud 1 & 2 Die Collection - Papertrey Ink; R29 marker - Copic; Foam Tape - Scotch

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Very pretty card, love the C&S look and your new "Fanciful Finials"

Tina said...

Love it!

Cindy H. said...

Love your anniversary card, love the finials! I'm sure I will be CASEing this adorable card in the future.

StephH said...

Lizzie,these finials are genius! They give a finished touch to the fence, and add a bit of interest being that you varied heights. Looking forward to seeing the complete set.

LEG Studios said...

Beautiful card, Lizzie!

Kathy Mc said...

You really know how to make your fence & finials pop here with your color choices, Lizzie! ANd your "colored" silk ribbon looks fab. : )

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card Lizzie! The finials really add the finishing touch and I like the varied heights! Can't wait to see the full set!
:) Jill

LauraJane:) said...

incredable detail on the Fanciful Finials! SWEET red birds on your card:)

Kathy H said...

Your card has a really classy look to it. I love it!