Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fanciful Finials - Day 3

Welcome back, friends! Today is Day 3 of the Papertrey Ink February Countdown and I have another project to share that highlights my new set, Fanciful Finials (available February 15th). Here we go!

I thought I might make a sympathy card today. Background Basics: Wrought Iron is nice for such cards because it allows you to keep the embellishment relatively simple. I also wanted to show that you don't have to fill in every fence post to get an impact from the finials.



I started by stamping my wrought iron strip onto a Kraft card base and added the short-stemmed finials with the open wire design. The finials are spaced to stamp every-other fence post. This spacing allows you to either leave some posts empty (as I have here) or fill in between with another finial.


Next I stamped a wreath from Wreath For All Seasons onto a Mat Stack 3 shape cut from Rustic White cardstock. That was adhered to my base and embellished with an embroidery floss bow. The sympathy sentiment was stamped on a Spring Moss strip and mounted to the base with foam tape. A duo of mini pearls finish the card.

I hope you've enjoyed today's card. I'll be back again tomorrow with another project featuring the new Fanciful Finials set. Make sure to visit NicholeDawnHeatherMaileErin, and Melissa for more inspiration. Take care and I'll see you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Fanciful Finials (available February 15th), Background Basics: Wrought Iron, Through The Trees, Wreath For All Seasons - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Rustic White, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Fresh Snow, Dark Chocolate, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss - Papertrey Ink
Other: Mat Stack 3 Layerz Die - Papertrey Ink; Adhesive Pearls - Mark Richards; Pink Embroidery Floss - DMC; Foam Tape - Scotch

8 comments:

Luanne said...

I love your layout! Great border with these stamps!

Cindy H. said...

What a beautiful sympathy card! I love how you designed your finials, every other one, to allow for different looks.

StephH said...

Sympathy cards are always a struggle for me. I like your use of Wrought Iron in the background, showcasing your finial set. The finials really dress up that background stamp.

LauraJane:) said...

So neat and clean!

mn36 said...

beautiful CAS card. Love your background so simple but lovely.

Deirdre said...

Sympathy cards are always a difficult card to make but this card is really beautiful - gentle on the senses which is important at those difficult times.

Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Mc said...

Just stunning, Lizzie ~ a perfect sympathy card!

jintyoo7 said...

Beautifully designed card, perfectly serene for the intended occasion :)