Monday, August 3, 2009

Floral Fusion

Hi everyone! Today's card features Papertrey's Floral Fusion stamp set. I am so excited about the special edition stamp set that they were giving away at CHA last weekend! In fact, I love it so much that I couldn't help but make a card with it when I got home yesterday. It's such a sweet and classic floral set and the sentiments included are versatile basics that I absolutely know I'll use.


I started by stamping a background from Background Basics: Retro onto Kraft cardstock using watermark ink. Then I stamped the circle and sentiment in white ink and sponged the edges. I set that aside while I stamped the flowers and stems onto Rustic White cardstock. I saw this in person at the show and I knew immediately that I would love it. The lightly woodsy feel goes perfectly with Kraft and adds a little subtle visual texture to your image. I punched out parts of my stamped images using a 1 1/4" square punch. Then, I tied a piece of Spring Moss twill around the Kraft layer before adhering it to a Melon Berry base. Finally, I mounted my floral squares over top the ribbon using foam tape. Easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by today! See you soon...

Recipe:
Cardstock: Melon Berry, Kraft, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Stamps: Floral Fusion (Special Edition Set), Background Basics: Retro, Borders & Corners: Circle - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Melon Berry - Papertrey Ink; Frost White - Colorbox; Versamark - Tsukineko
Tools: 1 1/4" square punch (yellow one) - Marvy
Fibers: Spring Moss Twill Ribbon - Papertrey Ink
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lizzie, it's beautiful. I absolutely love your style.

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty, love the layout!!! Great colors too! You have a great style, love your blog!

Melissa said...

Very pretty! This set is gorgeous!