Wednesday, June 17, 2009

June Guest Star Stamper

Good afternoon, Lovelies! I still plan to share my father-in-law's Father's Day card, but first I'd like to share my Papertrey Ink Guest Star Stamper project from this month. I made a wreath using Star Prints and a styrofoam wreath form. It was a really easy project and I love how it turned out!


I started by wrapping the wreath form (a 10" size) with grosgrain ribbon. It took quite a bit of ribbon (12+ yards), but I'm sure if you used a wider ribbon it would take far less. I used 3/8" because that's what I had on hand. I anchored the ends with Glue Dots and they are holding really well. Next I stamped my stars in a few different patterns using three ink colors. The cutting of the stars went super fast because Nichole, being a genius, coordinated the images in Star Prints to a Fiskars punch. Amazing!

I arranged my first layer of stars before gluing them down. The color progression was purposeful, but the pattern arrangement was random and I wanted to make sure I liked the result. I hot glued the first layer and then added a second layer with foam tape (I left a space where I wanted to place my hanger). Then I made a hanger from a length of Spring Rain ribbon and a corduroy brad. A bow was the perfect finishing touch (also hot glued in place)!

Thanks for checking in this afternoon! I'll share my Father's Day card a little later. Until then, have a great day!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Ultimate White - Strathmore
Ink: Pure Poppy - Papertrey Ink; Prussian Blue, Seascape - Palette
Stamps: Star Prints - Papertrey Ink
Fibers: Spring Rain Saddle Stitched Ribbon - Papertrey Ink; Red Grosgrain - Offray
Tools: XL Twinkle, Twinkle Punch - Fiskars; Hot Glue Gun
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Corduroy Brad - Imaginisce; Glue Dots; 10" Wreath Form - Joann

4 comments:

Terri said...

Love this! Congratulations on your honorable mention for it too.

Debbie Olson said...

Lizzie, your wreath is fabulous--a huge congrats!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.