Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Father's Day #2

When I asked Sean what he wanted on his dad's Father's Day card he looked around my room and said "How about something blue...like the owl." Well, alright. I was happy to oblige.


I stamped the owl onto white cardstock, colored him, and cut him out with precision scissors. Then, I stamped the branch and "dad" onto Kraft cardstock. After coloring my branch I added my owl with foam tape and adhered the Kraft to a Dark Chocolate layer. I added a couple of stitches and set that aside while I stamped my polka dotted background. I saw Nichole Heady do this during the Papertrey Ink countdown and I knew I wanted to try it. You stamp one size polka dot first and then go back and fill in another size in the gaps. I really like the way it looks. Sort of retro chic, right? Anyway, I sponged the edges of my patterned layer and adhered it to a white base. To finish, I adhered my image panel to the center of the card and added dimensional glaze to the owl's eyes.

I hope he likes it! I'll see you again tomorrow with some fabulous (yet unproduced) project. Have a great day!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Kraft, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Ultimate White - Strathmore; Blue (I'm not sure of the actual color) - Bazzill
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Frost White - Colorbox
Stamps: Pretty Birds - Cornish Heritage Farms (Kim Hughes Collection); Polka Dot Basics - Papertrey Ink; Dad Sentiment - Studio G
Fibers: White Embroidery Floss - DMC
Other: Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Mineral Spirits; Foam Tape - Scotch; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Sponge

2 comments:

Sean said...

I love it when Liz sponges the edges of cardstock, in fact, I was thinking about that this afternoon before I saw the finished card.

Randi said...

The card is awesome:-)
We are so lucky to have the originals that Liz posts here!
Luv ya'