Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day #1

Hello, Blogland! I've been working on Father's Day cards for our papas this week and I'll share one today and one tomorrow. We'll start with the card I made for my daddy. He's a big coffee drinker, so I went with a coffee theme for his card this year.


I began by stamping the coffee cup onto Kraft cardstock (outline first, solid second) and cut that out using precision scissors. I stamped the sentiment and saucer images onto another piece of Kraft before adhering it to a Dark Chocolate layer. Then I mounted the coffee cup with foam tape and stitched on the button. I set the image panel aside while I stamped the stitched background onto Spring Moss cardstock. The final step was mounting the image panel to the base and smiling with satisfaction (I'm only kidding about that last part).

I'm hoping to drive up to visit this weekend and I'll make sure to take a pound of Stauff's coffee to sweeten the pot.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day and visit again soon!

Recipe:
Cardstock: Spring Moss, Kraft, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Burnt Umber - Palette; Ripe Avocado - Papertrey Ink; Frost White, Dark Brown Chalk - Colorbox
Stamps: Warm Happiness, Background Basics: Retro - Papertrey Ink; Father's Day $1 Stamp - Studio G (Michaels)
Fibers: Dark Green - DMC
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; White Button - Papertrey Ink

3 comments:

Aimes said...

I sure hope you're not kidding about that last part because you certainly deserve to smile with satisfaction after making this little beauty! Your card is just fab! A super card for a coffee-drinking dad!
Aimes
x

~Lori Roop said...

This is a super Fathers day card! I love the cool colors.

Julia Aston said...

Love the graphic design of this fun Father's day card! the popped up mug and button are super!

congrats on making honorable mention for your Heart wreath on Nichole's PTI blog!!