Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Thinking Of You

Good morning, friends! I meant to share today's card last week, but I just ended up getting overwhelmed with other tasks and completely forgot about it. But that just means I have something to share today, and there's nothing wrong with that!

Thinking Of You Card 1

I made today's card with the remnant of the Flora Background that I colored and used on this card last week. That beautiful pattern was simply too lovely to waste, so I thought about how I could incorporate it into a project and came up with this gem. It's super duper simple, but I really love how the colorful strip pops off of the Kraft background.

Thinking Of You Card 2

All I did was stamp that same Flora Background from Simon Says Stamp onto a Kraft card base using white pigment ink. I used a stamp press so I would be able to stamp repeatedly and get the best possible impression. Then, I adhered the colorful strip into place (lining up the pattern on both the base and the strip), attached a banner (embossed with a sentiment), and sprinkled on a few clear sequins. The little bit of sparkle works wonders for drawing your eye toward the sentiment.

Thank you so much for popping back in and checking up on me, friends! We're busy packing our house for demo day so I probably won't have a project to share for a little while, but I'll try and put together a "before" tour of the areas being renovated so you can get an idea of where we're starting. Have a great week!

Supplies:
Thinking Of You Card

3 comments:

Debbie said...

So, so pretty, Lizzie. I just love when you have that little bit extra to produce two cards instead of one. I had been anxiously awaiting this as you had mentioned an additional card coming. Continued good luck with the home demo projects.

see mary stamp said...

Beautiful. I agree - the colored strip literally pops off the background.
Best of luck with demo day!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! I Just stopped by to say hello, and I was so surprised to see the comment I left you here, didn’t post. I’m using a new IPad, so who knows! I love your color exercise and was amazed at how you blended two completely patterns, so beautifully. I couldn’t stop looking at your card! So pretty! I hope all is well with you and you’re not working too hard. I know when we renovated, there were many exhausting days. Actually weeks! Haha. Please take care and hope to “see” you sometime soon. 😊