Monday, August 13, 2018

Introducing Frame It Out: Many Blessings, Simply Gourd-eous, Say It Simply: Giving Thanks, and Sentiment Staples: Thanksgiving

Good morning and welcome back to the Papertrey Ink August countdown! We've arrived at Day 4 and today is all about Thanksgiving. We're introducing Rebecca's new Frame It Out: Many Blessings stamps, Betsy's Simply Gourd-eous (and it really is), Dawn's Say It Simply: Giving Thanks Die, and my Sentiment Staples: Thanksgiving. That's right - two Sentiment Staples sets this month! You can read all the details about today's products HERE. Let's get on to the projects!

I'm going to start with a fairly simple Thanksgiving card. I love the warm palette with gold accents.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_August2018_FrameItOut_SentimentStaples_HappyThanksgivingCard

I started by stamping the Frame It Out: Many Blessings frame onto Rustic Cream cardstock using Terra Cotta Tile ink. I followed up by stamping the frame from Forest Floor: Autumn in the center with Ocean Tides ink. I just love those colors together.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_August2018_FrameItOut_SentimentStaples_HappyThanksgivingCard2

Next, I used the small outline details in the Frame It Out set to randomly highlight different elements in the frame. I simply stamped with Versamark and then heat embossed the chosen areas with gold detail powder. Once everything had cooled, I adhered that panel to a Kraft card base.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_August2018_FrameItOut_SentimentStaples_HappyThanksgivingCard3

Then, I heat embossed the greeting from Sentiment Staples: Thanksgiving onto a Dark Chocolate banner (I double cut it to get the "V" shape on both ends). The "we're" is a separate stamp so you can swap it out with the "I'm" that's also included in the set to complete the phrase for an individual or a couple or group. I simply adhered the banner to the card front with foam tape to finish it off. It's simple, but I love the graphic nature so very much.

Next up, I've paired Simply Gourd-eous with the Say It Simply: Giving Thanks Die.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_August2018_SimplyGourd-eous_SayItSimplyDie_GivingThanksCard

I began by sponging a bit of Aqua Mist ink onto a Rustic White card base. I masked off the edges so they would be protected though. Then, I stamped and die cut two of the gourds and stamped another directly on the card front.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_August2018_SimplyGourd-eous_SayItSimplyDie_GivingThanksCard2

Next, I stacked two of the large Pierced Feature Frames that I cut from Kraft cardstock. I like that the two layers gives a bit more texture than one by itself, but it's much more subtle than foam tape or other dimensional adhesive.

LizzieJones_PapertreyInk_August2018_SimplyGourd-eous_SayItSimplyDie_GivingThanksCard3

After adhering the frame to the card front, I die cut a piece of xyroned Terra Cotta Tile cardstock with the Say It Simply: Giving Thanks die. I adhered that into the center of the frame before adding my extra gourds with foam tape. I just love them, don't you?!

That's all I have to share with you today, friends, but I'll be back tomorrow with more of the August countdown. In the meantime, Betsy, Dawn, Heather, KellyLaurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie all have inspiration to share with you today. Have a great day and I'll see you soon!

Supplies:
Happy Thanksgiving Card


Giving Thanks For You Card

5 comments:

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie! Another great post! It's a respite to see a simple, yet beautiful card. On your 2nd card, you do one thing I always love. You mix stamping directly on the paper- along with dies. (Like your berry corner adorner card). What a beautiful fall design! THX Lizzie! :)

Andre M. said...

Your cards are elegant in their simplicity and the gold is the perfect complement to the fall colours. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sandy M said...

Once again your cards are standouts. Such great fall cards

Sharon said...

LOVE the gold details you added to the wreath on the top one!! So beautiful and elegant! I think this set and the card you made with it really fits the modern graphic look Lisa was requesting on the forum--actually, I think a lot of your aesthetic fits the look she wants. You have lots of details, but the overall look is clean. I love that! Love your style!

Marilyn M said...

I love the wreath card, Lizzie! So pretty. And the gourds card is gorgeous.