Monday, May 14, 2018

Introducing Corner Adorner, Glorious Globes, Text & Texture: Roses, and Words To Live By

Good morning, friends! I hope kicking off your week with the Papertrey Ink May countdown means you're off to a great start. We're back today with Betsy's Text & Texture: Roses and Words To Live By: Courage sets as well as my Corner Adorner and Glorious Globes sets. It's a big day, so we have no time to waste! Let's get to it!

My first card pairs this month's Corner Adorner and Glorious Globes sets. It may sound like those two things wouldn't necessarily go together, but just you wait!

LizzieJones_May2018_CornerAdorner_GloriousGlobes_PapertreyInk_SoGladWe'reFriendsCard

I began by stamping the large solid globe repeatedly onto an Aqua Mist Simply Stitched cardstock panel using the matching ink. The globes this month have a brushstroke style, so the result looks like super-sized, painted polka dots!

LizzieJones_May2018_CornerAdorner_GloriousGlobes_PapertreyInk_SoGladWe'reFriendsCard2

Next, I added white splatters and heat embossed the sentiment from Corner Adorner with white detail powder. Then, I die cut and stamped the Corner Adorner bouquet. If you're going to die cut your bouquet, it really helps with the placement to do your die cutting before your stamping.

LizzieJones_May2018_CornerAdorner_GloriousGlobes_PapertreyInk_SoGladWe'reFriendsCard3

I also die cut and stamped one of the individual blooms. I added the bouquet to the card front with foam tape and embellished the flower centers with crystal glitter for a bit of sparkle. I'm loving those giant polka dots and I'm sure I'll be stamping them again. It makes me so happy when I can find ways to do make a stamp do double duty like this!

For my second card, I've used Betsy's Text & Texture: Roses background with her Words To Live By: Courage set. I was thinking of an encouragement card for someone fighting a cancer battle when I was making this card. It would be easy to change the color of the background to coordinate with the cancer ribbon color to personalize the card to your particular needs.

LizzieJones_May2018_Text&TextureRoses_WordsToLiveByCourage_PapertreyInk_HaveCourageCard

I began by stamping the roses onto Sweet Blush cardstock using Sweet Blush and Pale Peony inks. I used a stamp press to make sure that I got nice, even coverage. Once I was finished with my stamping, I die cut the background panel using the Double Ups: Rectangles and Noted: Simply Stitched layer to cut a frame.

LizzieJones_May2018_Text&TextureRoses_WordsToLiveByCourage_PapertreyInk_HaveCourageCard2

I adhered the center panel to a white card front. Then, I heat embossed part of my sentiment onto vellum and adhered that strip to the back of the frame. I used foam tape to adhere the frame to the card, matching it up to the center panel.

LizzieJones_May2018_Text&TextureRoses_WordsToLiveByCourage_PapertreyInk_HaveCourageCard3

Then, I die cut three "courage" die cuts from White Shimmer cardstock and stacked them for a bit of dimension and stability. I adhered that to the card front with foam adhesive and then embellished with a sprinkling of Sunshine & Rainbows sequins. The shimmer stock and sequins add the slightest bit of shine without being too over-the-top.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to check in with AmyBetsy, Dawn, Heather, KeewayLaurie, Melissa B, Melissa P, Michelle, and Stephanie for more sneak peeks or click HERE to see everything we're introducing today. Have a great week, everyone, and enjoy the release tomorrow night!

Supplies:
So Glad We're Friends Card


Have Courage Card

2 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Lizzie, your cards are simply gorgeous! I especially like the roses card with the colors you used to stamp the background.

Stephanie Clapper said...

Lizzie, I'm a huge fan of your corner adorners and this month's design is super because it's not only a pretty design, it's versatile. Another great release!!