Thursday, December 21, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Candy Cane Christmas

Good morning, friends! It's Thursday and you know what that means: it's time for Throwback Thursday. Wanda, Heather, and I are showcasing Candy Cane Christmas today. I have been smitten with Candy Cane Christmas since the moment it was introduced. Over the years, I’ve used it for everything from Christmas cards to get well, thinking of you, and beyond. I just love that mug!

Candy Cane Christmas Tags 1

But today I decided to use this charming set on the last few gift tags I needed to get me through the holiday season.

Candy Cane Christmas Tags 2

I began by die cutting three Tag Sale #10 shapes from Aqua Mist cardstock and three of the scalloped frames from white cardstock. I adhered the frames to the tags and stamped the "To:" and "From:" from Gift Card Cozy Sentiments in Pure Poppy ink.

Candy Cane Christmas Tags 3

Next, I die cut and stamped the mug from Candy Cane Christmas using Pale Peony ink sponged with Berry Sorbet for depth. Then I die cut and stamped the peppermint stick and holly from Sweet Holiday Wishes.

Candy Cane Christmas Tags 4

I embellished the peppermint stick with clear glitter, using a fine point glue pen to get in between the stamped lines.

Candy Cane Christmas Tags 5

I tucked the peppermint sticks into the mugs (there's a handy, die-cut opening for just this purpose) and attached them to the tags with foam tape. Then I used tiny bits of coaster to attach the holly. That little bit of lift keeps things from feeling too flat and one dimensional. A bit of green baker's twine was the perfect finishing touch.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Make sure to pop in on Heather and Wanda to see how they've used Candy Cane Christmas too. Have a great day and I'll see you again soon!

Supplies:

2 comments:

Annheidel said...

Such a cute tag! I love the soft colors.

Joyously Noelle said...

What sweet tags!