Saturday, November 11, 2017

November Papertrey Ink Countdown: Snowfall Style & Winter Woolens

Good morning and welcome back to the November Papertrey Ink new release countdown! Today I'm sharing projects with Heather's new Snowfall Style collection and my Winter Woolens set. Let's get to it!

Heather has designed a batch of snowy products that are sure to make you smile. Not only is there the beautiful Snowfall Style stamp set, but also dies and stencils to inspire you to create a variety of wintery projects.

Let It Snow Card

I began my card today by stamping the snowflakes from Snowfall Style in a cascade down the left side of a white cardstock panel. I used Aqua Mist, Pale Peony, and Mint Julep inks for a slightly unconventional, pastel combo.

Let It Snow Card 2

Next, I stamped the sentiment in Stormy Sea ink. Then, I adhered the snowflake panel to a Stormy Sea card base. I love that contrast around the edge.

Let It Snow Card 3

Finally, I decided to sprinkle on a whole buncha sequins to give my snowy panel a boat-load of sparkle. I love sparkle for wintery projects. The more the better!

Supplies:

Next up, I have a few projects featuring Winter Woolens. This set features sweaters, stocking caps, and mittens in Fair Isle patterns. I can't wait to show you all this set can do!

Warm Holiday Wishes Card

First up, I have a holiday card to share today. I began by scoring a band across a Classic Kraft cardstock panel. I wanted to make sure I set aside that space so I would have room for my sentiment.

Warm Holiday Wishes Card 2

Then, I used Fresh Snow, Pure Poppy, and Pinefeather inks to stamp a background pattern using all three stocking cap designs. Once that was done and dry, I heat embossed the sentiment with white detail powder and added a few Snowfall Style snowflakes to dress it up.

Warm Holiday Wishes Card 3

I matted that panel with Pure Poppy and tied a crochet thread bow around the entire thing before mounting it to a Rustic White card base with foam tape.

Supplies:


How about a birthday tag? This set works wonderfully for winter birthdays and other cold-weather occasions so don't put it away right after the holiday season!

Winter Birthday Gift Tag

This tag came together in a snap! I simply stamped one of the sweaters using Green Parakeet and Dark Indigo inks onto a Tag Sale: Quilted shape. Then, I used the Direct Messages Banner die (more on this soon) to cut an Aqua Mist banner. I stamped it with one half of the sentiment in Dark Indigo and the other half of the sentiment I stamped directly on the tag. A little foam tape and twine it was all set. Easy peasy!

Supplies:


My last card today is another holiday card. This one using the sweaters and the Snowfall Style Stencils.

Season's Greetings Sweaters Card

I began by stamping and die cutting the sweaters. I masked off some of the stripes/sections so I could give each sweater three colors instead of two. The reindeer sweater is Pure Poppy, Olive Twist, and Prairie Grass. The striped sweater is Pure Poppy, Olive Twist, and Aqua Mist.

Season's Greetings Sweaters Card 2

Next, I sponged a panel of white cardstock with Aqua Mist ink and splattered it with diluted reinker speckles. I also sponged on a few snowflakes using the Snowfall Style stencil. Then I die cut the panel using the Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge die and stamped my sentiment in Olive Twist.

Season's Greetings Sweaters Card 3

I covered a white card base with Bitty Big Aqua Mist polka dot paper and then added a strip of Pure Poppy cardstock that I stamped with the Fair Isle Borders pattern. I adhered my sentiment panel to my card front with foam tape and then added the sweaters with coaster and foam tape (to give two levels of dimension).

Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! Be sure to check back tomorrow when I'll have even more of the November release to share. In the meantime, Nichole, AmyBetsy, Heather, Keeway, Laurie, Melissa, Michelle, Stephanie, and Wanda all have inspiration for you today. Enjoy your weekend and I'll see you soon!

6 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards, Lizzie! I love those little knit hats and sweaters!

Jennifer Thompson said...

Your Winter woolens set is adorable!! You always come up with the cutest designs.

Sandy M said...

My dad called me his last minute tax deduction since by birthday is Dec. 30. I am partial to that tag. So cute. I love all your card. The Winter Woolen set is awesome.

adele holcomb said...

There are other sweater stamps on the market, but I've never seen one I like until now. Winter Woolens is simply adorable and I'm loving all the ways I see to use it. Congrats on another great design -- I think this set is going to be a big hit! I know it's going on my wish list even though I live in South Florida and count myself lucky if I get to wear a sweater one or two days every year. :-)

Greta said...

I always love what you come up with, Lizzie, but wow--the snowflakes card steals the show for me! Absolutely love it!

Kathy Mc said...

Lizzie, those woolen hats and sweaters are just too cute and love the versatility. Your non traditional snowflake card is very pretty and so different. Love your sweet tag, too. Great work, Lizzie!