Sunday, February 12, 2017

Celebrating The Past, Present, and Future: 2008


Good morning, Papertrey Ink fans! Today a group of us are looking back at our favorite sets from 2008 as part of the festivities. I'm taking a stroll down memory lane with Bitty Baby Blessings.


Every good stamp collection should include at least one great baby set. For me that set will always be Bitty Baby Blessings. You just can't go wrong with clean and simple images paired with a crisp font. This set is one that I turn to time and again when there's a little one to welcome into the world.

10th Anniversary - Ahoy Little Sailor Card

I had so much fun creating the card I made to share today (my fingers are still blue from the ink splattering)! I began by creating the sponged and splattered panel that would become the waves.

Blended Waves Progress Photo

I blended Spring Rain and Enchanted Evening inks onto a white card panel. Then I splattered with Enchanted Evening reinker, water, and Copic's opaque white pigment. It really didn't take much time at all, but it added so much depth.

10th Anniversary - Ahoy Little Sailor Close Up 2

I die cut the panel with the Cover Plate: Waves die. This has seriously become one of my very favorite tools. With this cover plate I can create snow, waves, sand...so many possibilities! I sponged a small panel of white cardstock with a bit of Lemon Tart ink and stamped the sun from Up, Up & Away in Harvest Gold. Then I stamped the sentiment from Bitty Baby Blessings before arranging my waves. I used both flat and foam adhesives to add dimension and texture.

10th Anniversary - Ahoy Little Sailor Close Up

Next, I die cut, stamped, and colored the little boat from the set. I added the woodgrain pattern by reverse masking the body of the boat and stamping Background Basics: Woodgrain through the opening using Dark Chocolate ink. I absolutely love the result! I finished the card by matting the ocean panel with Pure Poppy + White Patterned Paper and adhering it to a Classic Kraft card base that I'd textured with the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate. The little boat was added to the waves with a bit of foam tape. I can't wait for someone to have a baby boy so I can give this card to them!

Here are a few more projects from the past I created with Bitty Baby Blessings:

Click here to see the original post
This baby mobile won me a Guest Star Stamper nod way back in 2008.

Click here to see the original post
Here's Bitty Baby Blessings paired with Global Greetings: Spanish from a few years ago.

Click here to see the original post
And here's the onesie paired with the Text Block: Baby die that I made into a shaker card.


Now that I have showcased how this product from the past has remained a classic, it's your turn to share your ideas for the future! Stop by Nichole's blog to share a new project you make with this product, or just share a creation that is somehow inspired by what I made today. Get crafting and enter today so you can be eligible for a fantastic prize!

And don't forget to check in with Betsy Veldman, Keeway Tsao, Melissa Phillips, and Michelle Leone to see which 2008 sets they're revisiting today! See you soon!

Recipe:
Stamps: Bitty Baby Blessings, Up, Up & Away, Background Basics: Woodgrain - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Classic Kraft, Pure Poppy + White Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink; white
Ink: Spring Rain, Enchanted Evening, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Tuxedo Black - Memento
Other: Cover Plate: Waves Die, Bitty Baby Blessings Die, Linen & Canvas Impression Plate - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch; Markers, Opaque White Pigment - Copic

5 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Love your new baby card, Lizzie, it's so adorable! It's really fun to see the cards you've made in the past using this set, too.

Nancy Penir said...

LOVE it all, Lizzy! Especially the sweet wood grained effect on the boat. Oh my, those waves, adorable!

JanetB said...

Your AHOY Little Sailor card is adorable!

blaze said...

This is an amazing way to make waves!! And the boat--perfect attention to details!!!

Stephanie Clapper said...

Hi Lizzie. This was a marvelous post.The detailed process you've shown is something I look for, all over the net.I wanted to thank you for sharing the way you create some of your cards. ( in detail). I am sincerely looking forward to trying my hand at making your gorgeous water and nail polish cards. Have a great week!