Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Release In Review

Good morning, friends! Here we are, the final day in this month's Papertrey Ink countdown. This has been such a fun month for me. I hope you've enjoyed it, too. But the fun isn't over yet! I have a handful of additional cards to share with you today, so let's get to it!

First up is Maile's new Splits: Celebrate set. I love the luxe feel of black and gold embossing, so that's how I started this card.

Mint & Gold Celebrate Card

I began by gold heat embossing the ribbony frame onto a piece of Fresh Snow Linen cardstock. I trimmed out the center strip area and colored the ribbon with a minty fresh colored pencil. Next, I heat embossed the sentiment onto a piece of True Black cardstock.

Mint & Gold Celebrate Close Up
I trimmed a piece of Mint Julep + White patterned paper and adhered that to a Mint Julep card base. I adhered the True Black panel and a super narrow strip of gold cardstock to the card base as well. Finally, I mounted the ribbony bits to the card front using foam tape. The end result is simple, but has an elegance thanks to the gold touches.

Next up, I have a card featuring Betsy's new Bloomin' Cute set.

Thanks So Much Bouquet Card

I began by partially die cutting the word "thanks" from a Fresh Snow Linen panel of cardstock. I trimmed away the parts I didn't want and set that panel aside. Next, I stamped a basic plaid pattern onto an Enchanted Evening card front using the Background Basics: Super Stripes set.

Thanks So Much Bouquet Close Up 2

I heat embossed the companion sentiment from the set onto a strip of Berry Sorbet Bitty Dot paper and trimmed the end into a "v" before adhering it to the sentiment panel.

Thanks So Much Bouquet Close Up

I die cut several of the Bloomin' Cute flowers and leaves and stamped them with their coordinating stamps. I used some rock 'n roll inking to get a bit of variation and shading on the images. I arranged the flora on the sentiment panel and adhered the pieces with a mix of flat and foam adhesives. As a final touch, I rounded the bottom corners to soften things a bit. Isn't that cheerful? This is absolutely a fun new floral that I'm sure to be reaching for again and again.

Like on this next card! This time I paired the Bloomin' Cute set with Betsy's Inspired: Lord set.

Thanks To The Lord Card

I began by lightly tracing a circle on a white card base. I used that circle as a guide for stamping my leaves (in Limeade Ice, Green Parakeet, and New Leaf inks). Once the base of my wreath was finished, I stamped the sentiment from Inspired: Lord in the center. I followed up with a few small splatters from Script Swirls: Birthday stamped in Aqua Mist.

Thanks To The Lord Close Up

Next, I sponged Aqua Mist ink onto a piece of white cardstock and die cut it with the Inspired: Lord die. I also die cut a few of the flowers from Bloomin' Cute and stamped them with their coordinating images. The "Lord" shape and the flowers were attached to the card front with both flat and foam adhesives to give dimension.

On to a card I made pairing What The Doodle: Feather with Keep It Simple: Encouragement.

Hang In There Card

I began by stamping the Southwestern Style background pattern onto a Smokey Shadow card base using True Black ink. Next, I stamped the feathers on a Fresh Snow Linen panel using Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, and Aqua Mist inks. Then I added the sentiment in True Black.

Hang In There Close Up

I trimmed around the feathers so part of the card base would show once the panel was attached. I mounted that piece to the card front with foam tape and embellished with a few black rhinestones in order to draw attention to the sentiment.

My last card for this release features Nichole's Script Swirls: Birthday set.

Confetti Birthday Card

I began by stamping the swirl sentiment onto a piece of Confetti Toss patterned paper using True Black ink. Next, I added a trio of stars, also from the set, in Raspberry Fizz. I embellished the stars with fine crystal glitter and adhered that panel to an Aqua Mist card base.

Confetti Birthday Close Up

Next, I heat embossed the Keep It Simple: Birthday II sentiment onto a strip of True Black cardstock using white powder. I also trimmed out a strip of Aqua Mist Stripe patterned paper. I layered the two on the card front, attaching the sentiment piece with foam tape. I love how carefree these elements all feel when paired together.

Ok, everbody, that's all for me today. Thank you so much for joining me this week! Make sure to check in with Nichole, Amy, Ashley, BetsyDanielle, Dawn, Heather, Kay, Laurie, and Melissa to see more projects and details about tonight's release. Happy shopping and I'll see you again soon!

Recipes:
Mint & Gold Celebrate Card
Stamps: Splits: Celebrate - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Fresh Snow Linen, Mint Julep, Mint Julep + White Patterned Paper, True Black - Papertrey Ink; metallic gold
Ink: VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Gold Embossing Powder - Filigree; Colored Pencils - Prismacolor; Foam Tape - Scotch

Thanks So Much Card
Stamps: Bloomin’ Cute, Background Basics: Super Stripes - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, Fresh Snow Linen, Berry Sorbet Bitty Dot Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Berry Sorbet, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Enchanted Evening - Papertrey Ink
Other: Bloomin’ Cute Die, Bloomin’ Cute Sentiments Die - Papertrey Ink; White Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Tape - Scotch

Thanks To The Lord Card
Stamps: Inspired: Lord, Bloomin’ Cute, Script Swirls: Birthday - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Limeade Ice, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Stormy Sea, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink
Other: Inspired: Lord Die, Bloomin’ Cute Die - Papertrey Ink; Foam Tape - Scotch

Hang In There Card
Stamps: What The Doodle: Feather, Keep It Simple - Encouragement, Southwestern Style - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow Linen - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Aqua Mist, True Black - Papertrey Ink
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Rhinestones - Kaisercraft

Confetti Swirl Birthday Card
Stamps: Script Swirls: Birthday, Keep It Simple: Birthday II - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Aqua Mist, True Black, Aqua Mist Striped Patterned Paper, Confetti Toss Patterned Paper - Papertrey Ink
Ink: True Black, Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Foam Tape - Scotch; Fine Crystal Glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts

9 comments:

Jennifer K said...

Oh my! I LOVE the Thanks So Much card with the bloomin' flowers. Those flowers just pop against the navy background. Definitely casing this when I get my new supplies! Thanks for all your inspiration during this release.

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous post!

jan metcalf said...

Your Thanks so Much card is awesome! Great design, pretty flowers, and the little touches like rounded corners! Also like the feather card for masculine encouragement!

Ericka Strange said...

Beautiful cards love the flowers so pretty.

Shelly said...

Love how you integrated the thanks onto your white card front. The navy really sets off the bright blooming cute flowers. Will be pinning this card layout! Also love your feather edge card!

Kathy Mc said...

I'm always amazed at the many different creations you gals gone up with using the same products. You come up with some very cool and unique designs. Great job, Lizzie!

Diana K said...

Love the Enchanted Evening Bloomin' Cute Card. What a gorgeous combo! And the wreath made with the Bloomin Cute leaves? Wow!

DIANA L. said...

Beautiful cards, I love them all

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.