Thursday, December 12, 2013

Propose A Toast - Day 3

Good morning, friends, and welcome back to Day 3 of the December Papertrey Ink countdown! I can only begin to tell you how much fun it's been to see your enthusiasm for Propose A Toast and we've just scratched the surface! Nichole is showcasing Propose A Toast today and I'm sure she'll find clever ways to use the set that I never even thought of. I have a couple of additional projects for you too, so let's get to it.

My first project today is a celebratory wine bottle tag.


I began by die cutting my tag shape from White Shimmer cardstock and randomly stamped it with the decorative bubbles strip included in the set using Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, New Leaf, and Summer Sunrise inks. Next, I die cut the "happy" banner using one of the One Liners: Happy die from Berry Sorbet cardstock. Then, I stamped and heat embossed the "New Year" phrase onto Hawaiian Shores cardstock and trimmed it into a thin strip. I adhered that strip to the tag and mounted my "happy" banner over top using foam adhesive. It's a simple project that could be customized to just about any celebratory occasion.

Today's second project is an engagement card. I wanted to recreate the engagement ring in a champagne glass concept and I think I was reasonably successful.


I started by die cutting my champagne flute from white cardstock and stamping it with Spring Rain and Lemon Tart inks. Next, I took an upper case "O" from Simple Alphabet and stamped it with VersaMark. I heat embossed that using gold detail embossing powder and added a tiny (2mm) rhinestone to make it look like a diamond ring.


I stamped my sentiment onto a white card base and heat embossed that with the same gold powder. I stamped a grounding oval using Spring Rain ink before mounting my champagne flute to my card base using foam adhesive.

I hope you've enjoyed my projects today. Make sure to check in with Nichole and Maile for more projects featuring Propose A Toast. Betsy, Heather, Dawn, Erin, Lexi, and Melissa will have projects for you as well. See you tomorrow!

Recipes:
New Year Bottle Tag
Stamps: Propose A Toast (available December 15th), Year Round Happiness - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Shimmer White, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise - Papertrey Ink; VersaMark - Tsukineko
Other: Wine Bottle Tag Die, One Liners: Happy Die - Papertrey Ink; White Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Adhesive - Scotch

Engagement Card
Stamps: Propose A Toast (available December 15th), Simple Alphabet, Sunflower Bouquet - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: white
Ink: Spring Rain, Lemon Tart - Papertrey Ink; Versamark
Other: Propose A Toast Die (available December 15th) - Papertrey Ink; Gold Detail Embossing Powder - Filigree; Foam Adhesive - Scotch; Self-adhesive Rhinestone - Mark Richards

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this set. Very clever way to make the diamond ring. It will be in my cart.

Cindy O said...

Love your engagement ring - creative and very convincing! The wine bottle tag is fun and festive. Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Lisa R. said...

Love your new set, Lizzie. And, your cards are fabulous!

jintyoo7 said...

Lovely! Cute idea to pur the ring in the glass :D

Susan Gosman said...

Gorgeous - love the diamond ring!

Lynda said...

Love your ring in the glass, Lizzie!

Grace said...

Love the ideas. The ring in the glass was a wonderful idea.

TLady said...

TOTALLY FUN!!!!!!!!!! :) YES! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the little DETAILS you've added to your projects!!! THEY'RE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Unknown said...

Cool:-)